Large White Spots on Emaciated Blenny

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by rocketmandb, Nov 10, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. rocketmandb

rocketmandb Ocellaris Clown

My Lumphead Rockskipper blenny is having some problems. He appears to be wasting away (emaciated) and periodically gets large white spots appearing on him.

These spots are about 2-3 mm in diameter and appear on varying parts of the body. They are true "spots" in that they appear to be discolored tissue, not a parasite or some external growth. They usually appear in the morning and are gone by the evening. They also appear on both the body and fins (sometimes across the boundary).

My first thought was that something was biting him or that he was getting stung by a coral during the night. However, this is not an acute occurence, and it seems to be happening with increased frequency.

Add to that the fact that the fish is getting skinnier and skinner and there is definitely something amiss.

The wierd thing is that he is eating like a pig, but continuing to lose weight.

No other fish is experiencing any of these symptoms.

Thoughts anyone?

2. Click Here!

3. NanaReefer

NanaReefer Fu Manchu Lion Fish

4. rocketmandb

rocketmandb Ocellaris Clown

Was wondering about an internal parasite, but that doesn't account for the spots.

I was able to get pic this morning:

[​IMG]