Large white mass on YWG

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases' started by boostednlinefor, Mar 29, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. boostednlinefor

boostednlinefor Fire Worm

Just got this guy home Sunday night and noticed a little white mass of somethin starting to form dear his dorsal fin and has gotten bigger since.

The other spots on him appear to be the normal blue spots on a YWG.

He's mostly been hiding but will come out once in a while and swim around the top and bottom of the tank. I saw him sifting sand the first night we had him.

LFS has 48 hour guarantee that will be up this afternoon. Should I take him back?? We also picked up a coral banded shirmp that won't come out of hiding.. is he at risk from whatever this stuff is too?

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. trijam

trijam Coral Banded Shrimp

Take it back asap. ;)

4. boostednlinefor

boostednlinefor Fire Worm

I seriously doubt I can catch him.

I just saw him swiming around and a good portion of the white stuff came loose and is hanging off of him. I noticed a similar stuff on my CUC snails from reefcleaners. He isn't breathing hard or acting weird other than the white stuff.

A better camera would let me get a nice macro shot of the stuff too.

Here is a crappy video.. you can see the stuff kinda flopping around

YouTube - DSCN1169.AVI

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  5. Indiana Boy

Indiana Boy Coral Banded Shrimp

i saw and posted on your youtube thread. i would try to catch and take it and take it back if at all possible. or even call your lfs and let them know of the problem and ask if they will grant you time to catch it since it has been reported within the 48 hour amnesty period