L.E.D. Bulbs

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Row2fer, Feb 20, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Row2fer

Row2fer Astrea Snail

researching a DIY project. I am having troubles finding a vender selling led bulbs above 6500k. any help?

thanks,
    Bill

2. Click Here!

3. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

What K value are you looking to find ? We are using a set to grow out some xenia and they are doing a fairly good job considering the power is just 12 V LOL and 25 watts on a 10 gallon tank . I can check and let you know.. If you want ?

4. Row2fer

Row2fer Astrea Snail

looking from everything 5000k all the way up to 20k or so....not sure when it switches from white to blue, but wish to obtain 10,000k, 12,000k, 14,000k, and 20,000k not to mention actinics...but have found those already.

Bill

5. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

WE have some that are a perfect 430 actanic And I left the list on the desk My bad ): I'll grab it tomorrow . Like I mentione we aee growing a few corals under them.. The damn thing are not cheap but last 10 + yrs its said ?

6. Row2fer

Row2fer Astrea Snail

sweet... The project I am working on is to create a hood that recreates the lunar cycle as much as possible and operates automatically without plug boards and Timers as well as light the tank for other purposes...all with L.E.D.'s. using either a computer or preprogrammed circuits. Also Rising and setting sun... fun project I think.

I am interested in breeding stuff...working on building my coral farm...but might be moving in a few months so holding off..and fine tuning design.

learning a lot about lighting in my research...anyone have any great conversion links or good resourse sites?

Bill

7. JustPhish

JustPhish Peppermint Shrimp

You can search on ebay. There's a ton of companies selling them. If you can't find what you're looking for on there you will at least have the companies names and can check their sites.

I'd have some links for you but they're on the other laptop and I'm not getting up. ;)

8. Click Here!

9. Row2fer

Row2fer Astrea Snail

oh, got tons of links, just new to the lighting science and being the nerd that I am trying to learn as much about L.E.D.s as I can.

I am struggling with conversions of heat to color ect.. and have learned many companies have their own systems. found great deals on bulbs and power sources but unsure on propper spectrums. looking for a good chart.

Bill

10. BlackWhiteYellow

BlackWhiteYellow Astrea Snail

where are you guys getting 420's from? I've searched high and low. the best i found was 9 watt i think for 10 000 yen, or roughly $80us. but that price was if you purchased 50.