Kordon Ich Attack

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by coldshot, Mar 20, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. coldshot

coldshot Blue Ringed Angel

I bought and Bi-Color Angel not to long ago and noticed some white spots and took her out of the tank and put her in a 10 gallon for the time. I went onlune to petco.co on the 17th and ordered Kordon Ich Attack!!
    I hear its the best..
    I paid extra for a two day delivery...
    I just got an e-mail from petco with the tracking stuff and it will not be here till the 23rd?? So my question is this fish is on the bottom gasping and not eating. What are the fishes chances?
    Could it be something besides ick.
    It was in the 10 gallon for 5 days. Does ick take a fish down that quick?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
  2. Click Here!

3. DoorBoy

DoorBoy Bristle Worm

well i used kordon ich attack 3 of the 16 oz bottle for a good 2 or 3 weeks.. and had no success even follow the lfs instructions of dosing 3 x the recommended 3 times a day and still nothing.. ich got worse.what i have noticed working is lowering salinity levels to 1.012 in a qt tank only.. with no inverts in it or corals.. this will kill the ich.

Fish laying on its side not eating is def not a good sound. I would turn the lights if there are lights off and stay out the tank as much as possible this could be stressing it out..

also if ur going to lower sailinty do it no more than .03 a day.

4. unclejed

unclejed Whip-Lash Squid

Ick and velvet appear very similar to us. Sounds like velvet, it will kill a fish in a day or so. I have used the product with and without success. I will suggest a product (all natural) called Marine-Max from Tropical Science. It boosts the fishes immune system so they can fight off a wide variety of diseases. It is a good product and I researched it thoroughly. You put it in the day before you introduce a new fish in the tank. I am not a proponent of DTs but you can have it in there as well and in the display.

5. Beamerhack

Beamerhack Coral Banded Shrimp

I used a product called "The Fish Keeper"

Naso Tank got Ich and 2 days later huge signs of improvement. It is a 5 day treatment and you do not have to do any water changes. What it does is boosts your Bacteria levels to a point that the Ich parisite does not have any food or Oxygen to survive.

I would also get a Cleaner Shrimp and a Cleaner Warase if you can find one that eats mysis.

It worked for me !@!@

6. coldshot

coldshot Blue Ringed Angel

The fish is gone. I didnt actually buy it it was a gift from my housekeeper. I plan on a coral with a few fish and angels are nippers. So any way thnx a bunch...

7. mnm

mnm Astrea Snail

The only cure for iche is a copper based medication like coppersafe. It worked for me. Do not use in a coral tank or with inerts.

8. Click Here!

9. trelane

trelane Peppermint Shrimp

I'd beg to differ here. You might have some luck with a cleaner wrasse/shrimp and garlic infused foods. I generally recommend QT'ing fish before treating with copper and then a complete teardown of the QT tank after you're done treating. Fresh water dips don't work, they stress the fish and then your fish dies. Please make sure your QT tank is appropriately sized for the fish. Tangs do not go into 10 gallon QT tanks. I havn't used specific fortified treatments other than copper on ICH, but I will be taking a close look at both products recommended and if I run across ICH again give them a try.

10. unclejed

unclejed Whip-Lash Squid

Correction; There are many "cures" and/or prevention for ich.