Koran Angel HELP!!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by BlueRaven, Apr 6, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. BlueRaven

BlueRaven Plankton

about a week ago i bought a new koran angel (juvenille), a few days ago i went to inspect my tank like everynight trying to find something new and i noticed that my angel has a white cotton like spot on its tail. right away i thought it was ick! but after treating the tank for ick the spot has not got any better. the fish seems to be fine going on about and eating normal. anyone have any ideas on what this could be?

2. Click Here!

3. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Lymphocystis

Other Names: Cauliflower Disease

Symptoms: Small warty clumps on the fins that resemble small cauliflowers.

Comments: This disease is caused by a virus and often looks worse than it is. It is rarely fatal and will usually clear up on its own if optimum water quality is maintained.

Treatment: There is no effective treatment for this disease. A short freshwater dip may help. Maintain optimum water quality and symptoms should improve with time. If a secondary bacterial infection should occur, move the animal to a hospital tank and treat with antibiotics.

Prevention: Insure good water quality and temperature parameters to prevent animals from getting stressed. Stress breaks down the protective mucous coating on a fish and allows the virus to gain a foothold. Additionally, any new fishes should be given a short freshwater bath and kept in a quarantine tank for two to three weeks before being introduced into the main aquarium.

I Was able to gather this information from This Web site
    I have used it often and find all the information very helpful

4. BlueRaven

BlueRaven Plankton

thanks so much!!! i was very worried about losing my fish

5. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

6. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

Nice site to bookmark for reference I did ;D