koralia evo 750 problems

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by DustinB32, Mar 10, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. DustinB32

DustinB32 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I have 2 evo 750's and I noticed one day one of them was running in reverse. So I went to the hydor website to see the causes. So I cleaned it and it ran fine then went back to running in reverse. I noticed my nose cone/cover was broke and the site said this can be a cause for it running in reverse. I emailed them 3 times and still no response on how to go about ordering another cover. Do they ever answer emails? I notice a lot of people having this problem. I also just noticed now my other evo 750's nose cone/cover is broken in the same spot. Is this a common problem? I'm running them with a hydor smartwave with 2 other koralia nano's with no problem with the nano's. I'm at a loss now that I have to evo's running in reverse.

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Yes it is. It takes a while but they will get back to you. Most likely they will send the new ones out for free. Lily's grandad has a simple cheap solution once you get the new covers. You should be able to find it pretty easy.

4. swreefer

swreefer Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

My buddy gave me 2 evo 750's for free - they were going in reverse all the time when he switch em off - he said he contacted Hydor - they send info and pics, bu never sent him replacement parts. Recently I bought another 2 from big Al to have 4x 750 in my 40b - it was on sale - same thing. They were going in reverse the day 1 i bought em. Really nice power heads if you don't turn em off, but this was first and last time I bought Koralia. It was my fault - I've should do more research before buying it.

5. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

I received new front covers in a matter of days for my 1400's after I contacted them via Hydor Customer Service. They were very prompt.
    Don't give up on them, my two 1400's have been on a RKL switching every 30 seconds for 2.5 YEARS, thats over 2.6 million starts and stops.
    I recently replaced them with new as the props were starting to wear from the sand in my DSB getting kicked up by my wrasse, no fault of Hydor and they are still working, flow is just a little less due to the wear.

6. swreefer

Thanks, I will try to email them.

7. swreefer

Anyone knows that "special" email address or phone number? I sent them an email, but didn't hear anything yet after 2 days.

8. Click Here!

9. Reef Madness

Reef Madness Flamingo Tongue

I also sent them an email the other day about the same thing, no response so far. I just went ahead and bought a replacement off ebay for under $3.50.

10. gabbyr189

gabbyr189 Bubble Tip Anemone

I have the same issue with one of my evo's. Just emailed them yesterday. Still awaiting a response.

11. zoo 4 life

zoo 4 life Coral Banded Shrimp

When I contacted them about my 1050, they sent 2 new covers in a matter of days even though I only asked for 1 and sure enough, my second 1050 cover broke as well! Awesome customer service

This is the link I used to contact them. Contact Us | Hydor Koralia

12. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

They may not answer the email but you will get the covers pretty quick if their service is still the same.