Koi Pond Indoors?? Would love some help!!!

Discussion in 'General Freshwater Information' started by asylum11, Apr 23, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. asylum11

asylum11 Plankton

So i have pored concrete floor sun room that's attached to my home. The walls are all sliding windows with storm screens and thin metal walls holding the widows in place. I want to construct a koi pond, filtration system, possible skimmer??, the works basically. I imagine its going to be around 250 gallons so i will only be able to have a only a few koi but its been a dream of mine for a long time.

So, how do i go about doing everything???? lol If i could just have someone point me in the right direction, maybe another forum site, then that would be awesome. In the winter that room gets extremely cold, so im not even sure if it would be a good idea to build it there, but its basically the only spot i can really. Any help would be greatly appreciated and if anyone could even remotely get me pointed in the right direction then that would be amazing. Thanks!

Kory

2. Click Here!

3. thepanfish

thepanfish Flying Squid

I would contact Steve Bashea at BashSea custom aquatics (BashSea.com), he has a 10,000gallon koi pond in his basement. Go onto youtube and search pondzilla, you will be amazed!

4. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

you do not use a protein skimmer for freshwater, thats one of the strictly waltwater things. it wont do a thing. also i believe a 250 gallon pond will be awfully small and look kinda tacky. i would do something a bit bigger. is it going to be freestanding or built into the ground. i would suggest the latter. much more stable. youll want probably the filtration system to have pipes running through the wall where you work on it to make things mave a clean look and probably just a canister pond filter would work fine.

5. SwimsWithFish

SwimsWithFish Giant Squid

I just saw that! So cool.