Kitchen Faucet Filtration system

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by marine430, Jan 12, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. marine430

marine430 Plankton

I was at the store yesterday and was wondering if This Kitchen Faucet Filtration system would filter my tap water enough until I can get a RODI system at the very least an RO system? Here is the info on it.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Filtrete-...specifications

Filtrete Under-Sink Advanced Water Filtration System. Now you can have cleaner, great tasting water at your convenience, fresh from your tap. Filtrete under-sink water filtration products are easy to install, with no mess, long lasting replacement filters that can be changed with just a twist. And using filtered water from home as an alternative to bottled water. You will need an adjustable wrench and a screw driver. Turn off the cold water supply and remove supply line to faucet using wrench. Install push-in fittings to faucet and cold water supply line. Install filter mounting bracket to area under sink. Install filter to mounting bracket. Cut tubing to length to fit between filter and supply line and from filter to faucet. Connect the tubing. Turn on water supply and enjoy cleaner, better tasting water.
    •Removes parasitic cysts to provide healthier water. Parasitic cysts may or may not be in your water
    •Provides ENHANCED reduction of chlorine taste & odor, sand, sediment, rust, and soil
    •Filters up to 2,000 gal./ 1.5gpm flow rate
    •Installs in less than 30 minutes and offers 6-month filter life
    •Water Filtration Technology- Carbon
    •0.5 Micron Rating.

My LFS went under and I don't have a close place to get RODI water anymore. I was also doing some reading on the API tap water Filter also. I guess at the very least I can buy the water at the supermarket for .30 cents a gal.

I have a mixed reef if this helps

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

The system will remove chlorine and other contaminants pretty well but will not remove minerals like an RODI unit.

4. marine430

marine430 Plankton

ok thanks for your input!

5. sailorguy

sailorguy Torch Coral

The API tapwater filter is a deionization (DI) cartridge.It produces good quality water but can be exausted quickly if your tap water is high in tds and replacement cartridges are not cheap.This makes it a not very practical option unless you use very little water.

6. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

Refurbished 90-GPD RODI System
    Borrow some money and save your 40 bucks.;)
    I would probably just use prime until I could afford the rodi.Depending on the quality of your water.