Kessil's New Tunable A350 Series LED Lamps

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Apr 19, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

There's definitely some violet in there....

I only wish there was a bump in the spectrum on the upper end.

But quite interesting here.

2. Click Here!

3. booge1969

booge1969 Flamingo Tongue

i can only imagine how powerful these are going to be. i have 4 of the a150s over a 4ft 120g. my corals went from being under a 6 bulb t-5 retro kit to 2 10ks on each side of the center brace and the 15k on the ends. i have had these lights over my tank for the last 6mos and couldn't be happier. i have no dark areas. i will tell you the 150s have quite the punch. they bleached a red planet colony, two chalice that were on the sand, open brain on the sand, some of my acans slightly bleached on the sand, and a ora hawkins. all corals survived, and some are still working on regaining their orginal color. however, the red planet and hawkins look better than they ever did before. the tips on my hawkins are an intense purple, and the red planet has that perfect green and red combination that i have only seen in pics on diver's den before now. i am sold on kessil completely. all of my sps are in the upper half of the tank as expected. i never thought i would have had to acclimate my corals to the light, and don't know how i could have done it anyway. my other sps that didn't bleach have grown better and have more color than before. my torch, frogspawn, elegance are going crazy under these lights, and the hammer has developed a purple tint to the ends. i am by no means affliated with kessil, and am still learning as i have only been in the hobby for about 3yrs.

i can this with all certainty; these lights have been the best equipment purchase period.

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

That is great to hear. I've been curious about long term with Kessils. Thanks for the feedback! :cool3:

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

D'oh!
    Forgot to add the videos…

6. NittyGritty

NittyGritty Millepora

Any word on the 350w coverage? I am thinking about a 120 gallon and hoping one will cover the tanks length....

7. Larz_1

Larz_1 Bristle Worm

I'm in the process of building a 120 as well and lloking for LED lighting.
    I found this image on Kessil's Facebook page ( http://www.facebook.com/Kessil.LED?v=wall&viewas=0 ).
    IMO, there's not a lot of difference in the 350 and the 350w.
    I'm thinking you would need 2 maybe 3 over a 120.

"Here is a comparison on the light spread. Tank is 30" deep. Tuna Blue is about 8" above the water."
    [​IMG]

8. Click Here!

9. NittyGritty

NittyGritty Millepora

I'm ending up doing a 120 cube, 30x30x30. I also recently bought this a350w when my T5 fixture crashed a could days before Christmas. So, I'm hoping 1 will be enough for the cube. It could be and should look clean. There is some spotlighting with this light. The guys from reef builders backed there 350 with a 150 to reduce this. I just may do the same.