Kessil A160WE Hitting Shelves Soon

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Matt Rogers, Sep 18, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Next month the Kessil A160WE hits the shelves. This is a tunable version of the 150 model that is compatible with the new Kessil Spectral Controller. A nice upgrade for only $20 more in price. How cool is that? First to hit will be the Tuna Blue at 10k - Actinic and the Tuna Sun at 6k to 9k color temp. I expect to see 900 of these new lights over all the frag stands at Reef-A-Palooza next month.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MSRP $239
    www.kessil.com

DeeBee, MarineDepot and zesty like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. SaltyClown

SaltyClown Sea Dragon

Wow, $239? I paid $225 each for my kessils...ah well. Ya know. I've been thinking of buying a kessil plant grow light, in red, for my fuge...

4. sprite1823

sprite1823 Astrea Snail

I want one so bad but that price is high a guy at the store was trying to sell me one for 400 (-_-)

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

The Tuna Sun model would make for an amazing fuge light if you have the coin. I'd love to see the growth from that if you do it.

6. SaltyClown

SaltyClown Sea Dragon

Ya know. I've been thinking of buying a kessil plant grow light, in red, for my fuge...
    Do you think the tuna sun would be better at growing algae than their grow lights for pants?

7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

This is what I get for typing while I eat a burrito . No I don't. I'd go with your instinct there.