Kessil 350w going on and off.

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Greg9MM, Jan 19, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Greg9MM

Greg9MM Skunk Shrimp

I have 2 of these units on my tank. Got them about 2 years ago and no problems until earlier this week. One of the lights goes on and off. It will go completely off for a few seconds then come back on. I checked the wiring and even switched outlets with the other light to see if that was the problem but its still doing it. Anyone have any ideas?

2. Click Here!

3. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

contact Kessil direct. I did a quick search and found few threads where people had similar issues and Kessil was real good about getting replacements.

4. Greg9MM

Greg9MM Skunk Shrimp

Thanks a lot. I will do that now.

5. Ballgame

Ballgame Millepora

Contact Kessil. I'm just got 2 360ws and love them. But a defect like that not much help we can give

6. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

Probably over heating. Are they enclosed in anything?
    Kessil should take care of this issue for you.

7. Greg9MM

Greg9MM Skunk Shrimp

They arent enclosed, hanging about 8 inches over the tank.

I contacted Kessel and it looks like they arent going to help me because I dont have a receipt. Does anyone have any ideas? Is there someplace I could take it to be fixed?

Thanks in advance.

8. Click Here!

9. AnotherMike

AnotherMike Fire Worm

I run Kessils and have the same issue except mine don't come back on until I turn them off and back on.

One thing you can try is to blow the dust out with compressed air.

My solution is i have my apex turn my lights off/on for 30 sec so at least mine come back on.

10. Greg9MM

Greg9MM Skunk Shrimp

I paid a lot of money for these lights and Kessil is supposed to be a great company. If we wanted to deal with this nonsense we could have bought cheap garbage lights. I am extremely dissapointed in the company. Going to keep fighting with them but may end up going to a different company

11. AnotherMike

AnotherMike Fire Worm

That's too bad, I had great support from them. I bought 4x360s right when they came out and I had issues with 2 of them. They actually replaced all 4 even though I had no issues with the other 2. They said there was a known issue with the first run and should just take care of it now. Even after the replacement I would still get an occasional light that would turn off. It's a little disappointing, but I love the lights so much that I don't mind my work around. I'm a little more tolerant because of how I have my lights set up. I have retro fitted them into my rsm650 hood so they are partially blocked and they pick up access heat from my t5s. If I had them set up using the goose necks in open air, I would have been BS.

I just love the shimmer and my color is ridiculous. I think the lights are awesome. I had radions over my frag tank and things just were not doing a well. I ended up ditching it and put a couple of Kessil 160s over it and almost everything is doing better.

12. Greg9MM

Greg9MM Skunk Shrimp

Dont get me wrong, I LOVE the lights. The look on the tank, the shimmer, the ease to set up and clean. And I heard so much about how great the customer service was. Just leaving a bad taste in my mouth now.