Kenya Tree health

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by Kirklandp, Oct 13, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Kirklandp

Kirklandp Coral Banded Shrimp

I have three small half inch tall to one inch tall Kenya tree frags... I have been told that they were a photosynthetic coral but you can feed them phyto and dose a lil... When I bought them they were fine. They are still great but are not as big as they were... I Have 18 watts of pc lighting on them in a 5.5 so I think I have enough light. Why do you guys think that they are not doing so great?

Pat

2. Click Here!

3. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

I would think that would be plenty of light. How's the flow? Water params?

I started with a 1 inch piece that's turned into a softball sized tree in 6 months. Now I can't give away the frags, it drops arms every week.

4. Kirklandp

Kirklandp Coral Banded Shrimp

Params are good, Lighting set on timer, heater a 77.7 constantly, flow of about 110 thru whole tank, live sand, live rock, no gha, no detritus, no diatoms, i dose cal, iodine, and molybdenum and strontium. I feed the filter feeders phyto and I do not overfeed the fish. Ammonia levels are in great order to. the only thing I can think is that when i bought the frags they were offspring from the mother in the dt of store. They are just attached to a couple of peices of rock. I really need to buy some glue to attach them to the rock. you think that is it?

5. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Purple Spiny Lobster

Just give em time Kenya's are a very hardy coral. Will not be long you will be looking for a way to keep the population down. Good Luck