Kent Marine's Nano Reef Part A and B

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by reefchaos, May 17, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reefchaos

reefchaos Flamingo Tongue

I'm trying this product for the first time on my newly built nano... has anyone use this product yet? Is it all i need to run a nano reef? Because it seems like it covers all the important traces for a reef tank.

2. Click Here!

3. Lady_Bobo

Lady_Bobo Fire Worm

I use it and It was recommended to me..?
    I suggest testing thought - to make sure all is tikity boo..
    I find it doesn't get my calcium up to where it should be...
    I have a separate Calcium that I add...Seachem
    I am still new and trying to figure all this out too...

Hopefully one of the more knowledgeable people will pipe up ??!?

4. Screwtape

Screwtape Tonozukai Fairy Wrasse

It looks fine although I personally don't like adding elements to the water that I can't test for, especially on such a regular basis. To me you really only need to watch calcium, alkalinity and magnesium. The rest should be mostly taken care of by water changes.

That stuff is also pretty expensive it looks like. This provides the main three and makes a gallon each of calcium and alkalinity and some magnesium to help keep up with that. It's the same cost as 8oz of those nano additives.
    Two Part Kits Bulk Reef Supply

Actually on a lot of nanos depending on how heavily stocked with corals, and which salt you're using you may not need to supplement, sometimes water changes are enough to replenish the main three chemicals. Depends totally on your coral stock level though.