Keepin the cube!

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by starfish2217, Jul 11, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. starfish2217

starfish2217 Horrid Stonefish

I REALLY love starfish lol its kinda why im in this hobby

2. Click Here!

3. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

This isnt true. first of all a BC 14 is about 18" long and 12" wide. Second of all, there are different fish that require different things. Firefish and gobies dont need a whole lot of room. As long as the firefish each have their own "Bullet hole" they should be fine. But i might hold off on the goby/shrimp pair due to bioload.

I really wish there was a reef safe starfish for a 14 lol

4. starfish2217

Id rather have the pistol/ goby pair than more fire fish and a reefsafe starfish for a 14 gal would be ideal haha

5. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

you sure? fosters and smiths says its 15x15.5x17which also includes the back area because the RC tank volume calculator says it's 17 gallons.

6. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

and if you want reef safe starfish try looking for micro brittle stars!;D

7. starfish2217

I have a cute little micro brittle star in my DT I have seen him twice now. I don't know where to get more! haha they are cute though

8. Click Here!

9. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

I have one. -.- i've measured it many times, including the back are its 18"l and 16" wide

10. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

Starfish, I've been looking around and apparently red fromias would be a cool choice for a FOWLR tank too. Thay can also be in reefs in bigger tanks, it's just that in smaller tanks, theres a risk of them going for corals, due to a lack of food.

11. starfish2217

I have always wanted a red fromia they are gorgeous I have a couple pics of them in my album, go look!! I ordered one from my LFS and I think they got in a dalmation.. it was all beat up. and missing legs looked like a goner .. so I never got him... :(

12. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

How much do they charge? Theres a specialty store that charges 30$ for each red. While they're all in good condition, i'd rather just give an asterina steroids and paint it red. LOL. I'm so cheap sometimes.

Definitely gonna take a look though!

I think the one in your album is a mardled red sea star, the red fromias im looking at don't get bigger then 3" across apparently, and they're solid redish orange.