Just Picked Up A Pink Lemonade Acro

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by Mobalized, Jan 11, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Mobalized

Mobalized Teardrop Maxima Clam

Its RIGHT under a 150w mh, but in order to get it away from the goby i'm going to move it into my 90 under a 4 bulb t5 which I usually only run 2 bulbs lol.... I'm gonna build a rack to hold it as close to the surface as I can

2. Click Here!

3. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

they aren't super light hungry. I had mine in the bottom 1'3 of my 55... so lets call it 12" deep with a 4 bulb ( 2 ati blue+ Fiji Pink and ATI Aquablue Special) 6 inches above tank. It had second best growth of all my acros and by FAR the best coloration.

4. Mobalized

hm I really hope it and the slimer can make it in the 90, I shall start design after a few hours of sleep

5. Mobalized

Just built this frag rack for the 90 so I can keep them right under the light. Its only a 4 bulb so I figure they need to be close to the light.

Attached Files:

6. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

lol I don't know about putting them up so high but they look cool. Is that a green slimer?

7. Mobalized

A green slimer and pink lemonade. They are up so high cause they are under a 4 bulb t5 in a 90. And I usually only run 2 bulbs. So it isn't a ton of light.

8. Click Here!

9. gabbyr189

gabbyr189 Bubble Tip Anemone

How tall is your 55? Is it a 20"? I have a 37 g which is 20", and bulb combo similar to yours, except I have 6 of them. My pink lemonade is towards the top of the tank... It was hard to compare with the OP's LED's, but if you say that yours are doing well lower in your tank, maybe I will try that. Most of my other SPS are doing great, so its probably not my water param's. I just thought high light was better for most acros. Maybe I will try this with my pearlberry as well because it doesn't have the best coloration (not browning out or anything, just not as nice as when I got it).

10. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

Oh yeah I have had this one for a year or so now. Easily one of the nicest acros out there!
    High flow and high light is what it loves. It is also a real quick grower too.
    If your params are off or if you frag it, it will let you know its mad by turning green. Lastly, it is highly aggressive for an acro... Mine has killed neighboring sps and lps with ease

11. Mobalized

Hopefully I am meeting its light requirementts being that its like 3 inches below the surface of the water and about 10" total from a 4 bulb t-5 fixture. :)

12. Billyc

Billyc Plankton

That sounds like moderate light to me which is perfectly acceptable for the both the pink lemonade and green slimer. Both are very hardy corals and very easy in an sps tank.