Just Picked Up A Pink Lemonade Acro

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by Mobalized, Jan 11, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. nc208082

nc208082 Zoanthid

Dont think its the lights, if your lights were too strong, it would be bleaching no?

2. Click Here!

3. Mobalized

Mobalized Teardrop Maxima Clam

Not sure on exact days, but slimer about a week, and pink lemonade about 4 days maybe. Royal gramma and clown goby (no I have never seen him nip other sps polyps)

4. Mobalized

Possibly, hard to say with a definite answer. They havent been in there over a week so I doubt it would be a major bleaching, I would think polyp retraction at first due to intense lighting.

5. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

How much flow is on them?

6. Mobalized

Running a Koralia 425 about 2-3 inches from the frags and the return pump is about 6 inches with about 75-100 gph output.

7. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

And all that's pointed directly at the frags 2-6 inches away? Too much flow.

8. Click Here!

9. Mobalized

Hmm. There is a birdsnest frag that is right by them. Its been there for a couple months and has shown good polyp extension. Ill attempt to move them though. They were open for a couple days while in that same area, after I came back from being out of town they have shown retraction.

10. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

Acros like (and appreciate) strong flow; however direct flow is a bit much. High indirect flow is what's key.

11. Mobalized

I just moved the powerhead a inch or so. That way they are on the outskirts of the direct flow. Ill keep a eye on them and see if they show any change.

12. Mobalized

Havent seen any improvement yet although I know it hasnt been long, you dont think it could be that the lighting is too intense and it is still adjusting do you?