Just Picked Up A Pink Lemonade Acro

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by Mobalized, Jan 11, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Mobalized

Mobalized Teardrop Maxima Clam

Its cold outside but I figured I'd grab some pink lemonade anyways. I cant find much reading on this acro anyone have any good info on it in terms of hardiness and such?

2. Click Here!

3. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

I've tried multiple times with frags of this from different sources. I cannot keep the color. My params are normal, PO4 0.01 and NO3 are undetectable. I run LEDs...don't know if the lights are too powerful for this particular acro.

4. Mobalized

I had never heard of it before this new LFS, is it fairly common? Im cooking it under 150w metal halide right next to a green slimer and birdsnest. About 4 inches below the surface and 10 inches from the light.

5. Ashevillian

Ashevillian Pajama Cardinal

Can you post a picture for us to see?

6. FaceOfDeceit

It is similar to a Red Planet look, but with pink coralites and polyps, and a yellow green body. The polyps are known for having one really long "arm" per polyp. I don't know, but IF I try this coral again, I will be putting it in a shaded area as I believe it to be a lower light liking acro than a Red Planet is.

7. nc208082

nc208082 Zoanthid

if its an actual pink lemonade acro then

Limited Editions Pink Lemonade Acropora
    Has a bunch of info on it to keep the color, Thats a very expensive piece you got, how much did you get it for if you don't mind.

100 bucks a frag is too steep for me.

8. Click Here!

9. Mobalized

Couple pictures of the frag in my sps area, and also Ashevillian I threw in a picture of the clown goby I love so much living it up in some torch.

Attached Files:

10. thepanfish

thepanfish Flying Squid

Yah, extremely hardy but like FoD's mine just turned seafoam green with pink polyps. In terms of care, pretty much like a Red Planet I'd say.

11. Mobalized

The store has had it for a while so they dropped the price from 50 to 40 for me. Its under a 14k light so thats in the middle of the numbers they have in that article. Face of Deceit hopefully I have better luck with it under intense light cause its literally cooking right now hopefully it likes it. Also it has about 425 gph blowing right on it.

12. FaceOfDeceit

I've found them all over online for $30. $100 is high IMO for this piece. It went originally for $205 be that was years ago.