Just In: Reef Octopus Diablo DC Water Pumps @ Marine Depot

Discussion in 'Marine Depot' started by MarineDepot, Sep 4, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. MarineDepot

MarineDepot 3reef Sponsor

NEW!

We've got more Reef Octopus DC Water Pump options now for you control freaks out there. The DC-3500 has a flow rate of 925 GPH, while the DC-5500 produces an impressive 1450 GPH. We've also got the big bad 2,275 GPH DC-10500 in stock.

What's so great about DC pumps? You can control the rotational speed of the motor, thus electronically control water flow rates. DC pumps are also more efficient than AC pumps and produce less heat per volume of flow.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. OnlyTono

OnlyTono Spaghetti Worm

Not sure if this is a dumb questions or not, but can this pump be used externally?

I know some of the other DC pumps on the market required a gasket kit to be use externally.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  4. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

The 3500 cannot be used externally but the two larger units can.;)

5. OnlyTono

OnlyTono Spaghetti Worm

cool - thanks for the info

6. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

The way I read the chart- The smaller 2 won't even pump my 10ft head height!

I do like the fact they stay internal- that's how I have my sump set up.

7. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

That is correct. Although the smallest one would be perfect for 90-125 gallon tanks, able to pump 800 GPH at 5' head. If I ever need to replace my Mag 12, this would be a very nice replacement (30W vs. 110 for the Mag 12!).

8. Click Here!

9. MarineDepot

Can this pump be used externally?

Hi, OnlyTono! We apologize for the delayed response! Vinnyboombatz is correct, though. Thanks for the assist, dude! ;)

10. Greg@LionfishLair

Greg@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

Has anyone actually used these pumps yet? I'm curious as to how they perform, their reliability, service life, etc.

They seem like nice pumps tho...I've read the four reviews, and it seems kinda weird that there were no negatives (all 5*). I have no idea how loud an MP-40 is, which was the reference given, so I don't have a personal reference for noise level.

I suppose we need to wait and see how they do over time...they're still too new, I guess.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  11. MarineDepot

Reef Octopus Diablo DC Water Pumps

We wanted to chime in earlier and reply, but like you said, "they're still too new." We've tested them and the build quality appears superb; the features are great and the warranty is generous. Taking all that into consideration, we haven't heard enough feedback from shoppers to really provide a consensus among our customers.

12. Greg@LionfishLair

Greg@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

Hmmm...we're kind of "needing" a pump...had a LG "4" die on us, but I currently have a "3" on that system that I had sitting around (it actually "belongs" on our 60 which is empty ATM).