Just got my AquaC Remora!!

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by Aqualung, Dec 8, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. fazool666

fazool666 Sea Dragon

Mine is working great - im am getting a good amount of green/brown crap out of the tank. It seems to be slowing a little which I assume is a good thing and to keep it quiet shove a rag where the intake pipe is to muffle the sound.

I definitely recommend this for a HOB!

2. Click Here!

3. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

ok, I have had mine set up for about a week or so now and have yet to see anything...!????!?? Do I have my collection cup too high?? it's at the VERY top of the chamber, thought I would get good dark skimmate but nothing yet :-/ and does the collection cup's lid need top be air tight? I bought mine used and there is a hole in the lid and I don't know if it needs to be plugged or not...? any help would be greatley appreciated!

4. Aqualung

Aqualung Stylophora

Try the cup halfway down. That may be up too high. That hole is supposed to be there. Let me know what happenens. Mine skimmed the first day.

1 person likes this.
  5. {Nano}Reefer

WOW, thanks for the speedy reply!! i will adjust the cup right now, I think that might be my problem, how high was yours when you installed it? and whats the deal with the hole?? every protein skimmer i have ever owned has had an air tight seal around the collection cup lid...? and did your lid come with any tubing around it?? mine is just acrylic with nothing else, just wondering because i got it used and not sure if it's supposed to be like that.

1 person likes this.
  6. Aqualung

Aqualung Stylophora

No prob. I put more than halfway, and wet skimmed, then slowly raised it up. Not sure about the hole.. may it keeps the waste in the cup from stinking. No tubing!

1 person likes this.
  7. tube

tube Flamingo Tongue

I have been using my prizm for 7 yrs. on a 90 g with a auto overflow that i built into waste catch tray. !!! Still using on my 200g with the cascade canister filter and 30g wet/dry with sea-storm skimmer !! !!! Congrads on the Aqua C !!! Very nice skimmer!!

Attached Files:

• 081.JPG
      081.JPG
      File size:
      126.3 KB
      Views:
    • 082.JPG
      082.JPG
      File size:
      122.1 KB
      Views:
    • 083.JPG
      083.JPG
      File size:
      148.5 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  8. Click Here!

9. {Nano}Reefer

Alright, I am getting kind of peeved, I put the cup as far as she could go... STILL NOTHING!?!?!?!? I really don't get this skimmer and why I am having so much trouble! I even put the MJ1200 1/2 an inch away from the inlet tube, about as close as it can go, still not one thing!! Anyone???? I can see tons of fish crap and debris all through out the bottom in the low flow areas, tried sucking some up with a turkey baster and sprayed it right in the MJ, still nothing! I don't know what else to do... Anyone know about the screw where the inlet is? I am supposed to adjust that thing or what? thanks for any/all help.

10. {Nano}Reefer

Thanks for the help dude!! I GOT FOAM 8)8)8)!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!! I think I had it up so high it couldn't even get a good suction to even create the foam, if that make's sense. Anyways thanks again!!!! :):):);D;D;D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. adam

adam Montipora Digitata

I would lower the cup to as low as it will go as this will get you pull the most crap out of the tank. Every so often unscrew that white little screw and take your long cleaner brush and just go up and down inside of that hole just to make sure it is clear. Clean you cup also every every week (the neck of the collection cup) as this also helps

1 person likes this.
  12. {Nano}Reefer

Thanks for the help Adam!! Will do!

1 person likes this.