Just fragged my first euphyllia

Discussion in 'Frags' started by Mobalized, Jan 19, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Mobalized

Mobalized Teardrop Maxima Clam

I just fragged my first torch kinda scary. Went and bought some industrial strength cuticle cutters aka bone cutters and got to snipping. Definitely would not frag anymore euphyllia family corals with bone cutters and would use the dremel next time. Ended up cracking a small chunk of the bottom of the skeleton off but no damage to any of the soft tissue I dont believe.

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. Mobalized

Mobalized Teardrop Maxima Clam

How long should I let this frag recover before moving it to my other tank? Again there doesnt appear to be any soft tissue damage and both pieces are acting as they normally do.

4. needmorecowbell

needmorecowbell Torch Coral

I think a week to be safe. I just saw the date that you posted this and you should be fine now lol.

5. thepanfish

thepanfish Flying Squid

Fragging "wall" euphyllids is not recommended as they usually don't recover IME.

6. Kevin3884

Kevin3884 Tassled File Fish

I think ur gonna be fine..ud be surprised how much punishment they can take...i usually frag mine by a nice firm tug of the branch, and havent ever lost a head....do candycanes and frogspawn the same way without ever having an issue :)

7. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

The only time I fragged my frogspawn I just snapped the base and all went well. My piece has doubled(20+ heads) again in only a few months.