Just Found this on my rock...

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by JK901, Jan 28, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. arrivalanche

arrivalanche Bristle Worm

Either way it looks cool

2. Click Here!

3. JK901

JK901 Skunk Shrimp

Well if it changes I will let you all know. I only have two small damsels in a 12 gallon tank so it can stay for now.

4. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

I have looked at this thread like 6 times.

Yup probably a ball tip, but can you touch and see if it has an underlying skeleton or hard structure.

Sure is pretty, just not your typical ball tip. If it did not have the ball tips I would be tempted to say a type of Dendrophyllia, aka cup coral.

5. billielewis3

billielewis3 Gigas Clam

what ever it is it looks nice and if you dont want it, ill take it!

6. Ashevillian

Ashevillian Pajama Cardinal

When I first started my SW tank, these were some of the first organisms I noticed on my LR. I'm pretty sure they are harmless, I've been assuming they are just either tiny tiny anemone's or some sort of clear polyp. Mine are orange/yellow/clear colored and the largest one in my system is about the size of a .05c Nickle

I've noticed they do spread but slowly, in low-light and in low flow areas. I do not think they are potent enough to effect other corals but I also could be very wrong.

For me, they all hitch hiked on my LR, I do not notice them as much as I did when I first started my reef tank, but I know they're in there.

Personally I don't think they are a problem, also yours looks pretty, mine do not have any pretty colors, just a dabby skin tone

7. JK901

JK901 Skunk Shrimp

8. Click Here!

9. whippy

whippy Sailfin Tang

I have two of these little guys. I have an orange and a white ball corallimorph. They're pretty neat. I feed them meaty foods.