Just bought my first firearm. did I do good?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by stepho, Mar 1, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. stepho

stepho Panda Puffer

First of all- this thread is for people who are not offended by the topic of self defense, and firearms. If you are not one of those people please do not post politics, or anti-gun views.

Ok! Now onto the good stuff! I purchased a Ruger LC9 with lasermax sight! It is a 9mm and fits pretty well into my hand. Not as comfortable to carry as some of the smaller guns I was looking at, but I can only carry 2 days out of the week, and don't really see myself carrying it everyday that I can.

I get to pick it up wednesday when I am taking a gun safety and cw class.

2. Click Here!

3. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

I was looking at that gun! I like it, although I'm not a huge fan of laser sighting, just me though! I'm a skinny man and OI currently carry a S&W MP 40 with a 13 round clip! Too big in the summer to conceal for me! I'm looking at the Ruger 380 pocket! Only 6 rounds though, and bullets are more than a 9! Weird!

I think you'll like that gun though, especially if it your only 1! Smaller guns aren't that fun to go pop of a few hundred rounds with. IMO

4. SwimsWithFish

SwimsWithFish Giant Squid

I think you did good. Hard to go wrong with a ruger. Personally though, I prefer one of these...[​IMG]

5. bwalker9801

bwalker9801 Zoanthid

Nice choice , I have a sig P239 ccp.

6. FatBastad

FatBastad Zoanthid

Nice! LC9's have great reviews. I'd like to pick one up for warm weather carry.

M&P 9c in a crossbreed for me.

Get a good belt and a good holster!

You did good.

7. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

I have an Issue with 9mm as far as stopping power goes, but thats just me. I own a 10mm Glock which is a weird size bullet, hard to find and expensive. If I did it again id get a .40 caliber.

That being said if you are looking to conceal, i'd probably rather have more ammo over a little stopping power since I teach alot of adrenalin based self defense you have a better hope of stopping something you get a hit on.

8. Click Here!

9. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

That's a sweet gun. I nearly bought that one for my wife, but opted for the Ruger SR9C. The smaller CC guns are not as well suited for a lot of range shooting, and that's mainly what her gun is for. I told her that I want a Glock 23 for my birthday. It's a .40 that can be chambered for a 9mm and a .357 Sig. Happy shooting!

10. FatBastad

FatBastad Zoanthid

Tho they are awesome, most folks do not enjoy packing a full size 1911 hahaha

11. stepho

stepho Panda Puffer

Lol I have a bunch of mavericks laying around the house, 3 at least. They don't have much stopping power though.

I am a small person myself 125 lbs at 6' tall... Combined with my girlfriends psycho exhusband is why I felt I needed this. I always wear pants even in Florida summers so hopefully I won't mind carrying it.

I can't wait to take it to the range.

12. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Just my two cents, every Ruger semi auto I have seen on the range has too many FTF/FTE problems for me to ever carry. JMHO, if I got a small caliber semi auto there's only one choice, Glock. I'm more of a 1911 guy though.