Just added Chemi-clean...........

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Fastlife, Jan 25, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Poppy828

Poppy828 Fire Shrimp

I have never used a TDS meter. Still need to get one. I took my water into the LFS and had them check it. (water from the di unit) I also talked to Walter in length about the problems in the tank. He concluded the DI filter was bad. The LFS checking my reading confirmed the phosphates were off the chart as Walter advising of this without a reading. Smart man Walter is.

I have going right now...2 4"x8" poly-filters in the back overflow box...pre-filter overflow box has a bag of kent phosphate remover, and the refugium has a large phosphate removing filter going across the entire tank just before the return pumps. Meaning water flows through all filter/media before ever getting back into the display. Hopefully the phosphates read zero tomorrow when I test. I was told to give it 48 hours and retest.

We shall see. I spent an hour plucking hair algae and cleaning cyano last night. Still a lot in the display. I hate it. I have never had algae until about 3 weeks ago. No i am smothered in it.

Gotta love this hobby.

T

2. Click Here!

3. Poppy828

Poppy828 Fire Shrimp

How did the tank look today Danny?

T

4. Midnight_Madman

Midnight_Madman Montipora Digitata

I used it 2 days ago and my tank has NONE left at all... amazing. I just did a 25% water change

5. Poppy828

Poppy828 Fire Shrimp

Glad to hear it midnight. It worked for me also when I tried it.

Great stuff.

T

6. Midnight_Madman

Midnight_Madman Montipora Digitata

100x better than Kent Marine's poly ox.... I tried that stuff about 4 times, and it never worked

7. Poppy828

Poppy828 Fire Shrimp

The chemi-clean is the SH** as they say. Have seen and heard great things about it.

T

8. Click Here!

9. Scoffer

Scoffer Banned

Well, I was able to fix my order. I got the PhosBan media (sorry, no Indian givers on Karma!) hehe, and added some Chemi-Clean to the batch. With the new power head, and new test kits, (and a new 11" telescope on the way!!!), I should have enough toys to play with!!!

btw, I have a good piece of my green star polyps actually growing over to another rock!!!! I was very pleased with that discovery!!

does this sound strange to ya'll...I've been using tap water on my last to 20 gal water changes. It's all I've to deal with until I can order my ro/di unit. After these water changes, my coralline growth went crazyy!!! Is there nutrients in the tap water that are better than the Publics water machine water? I add reef supplement #7 (multi-trace elements) but haven't seen such a growth difference as with the tap water. And I have seen NO difference in my algea growth at all..it was doing the same when using the ro/di machine water....

I've cut back on feedings again, now that I'm using zooplankton for my softies...but hopefully the new filter additions will help the red algea stuff...

Thanks all

Scoffer

10. Fastlife

Fastlife Fire Worm

Well Poppy828 it looks great now i did the water change on friday night. I sucked up as much as possible , and there apeares to be none left. That chemi clean is the Sh** . I turned on my 2 protein skimmers and they removed whatever was left. Thanks everyone for your advice.

Danny

3reef RULES.......................

11. Poppy828

Poppy828 Fire Shrimp

Glad it worked for you. I knew it would. Sometimes it takes a little longer than the directions say. I tend to not listen to the instructions on a lot of things. I go by feel.

Good luck with the rest Danny. Glad I could help.

Karma for hanging in there and being patient.

T

12. Fastlife

Fastlife Fire Worm

Thanks again hope some day i can return the help.

Right back at you ( karma)