Just added Chemi-clean...........

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Fastlife, Jan 25, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

All right....for stupidity then.... ::) ;D

2. Click Here!

3. Fastlife

Fastlife Fire Worm

Well it ts the second day , close to 48hrs. There is still some red slime in the sand and on three of the rocks. What should i do?

4. Poppy828

Poppy828 Fire Shrimp

Have you noticed any change at all? If nothing at all, then add half a dose again. If there is some change then wait it out until tomorrow morning to see if anymore has been killed off.

T

5. Fastlife

Fastlife Fire Worm

Well yes i have noticed alittle change. But there are some spots that kinda still look the same. Should i just do the water chang and try it again on saturday?. I cant do it tomorrow morning i will be at work.

6. Poppy828

Poppy828 Fire Shrimp

According to Chemi reps...it will not hurt the tank to leave it in for one more day. Meaning, if you do not see a change in the morning, leave it go until tomorrow night. If no change, then do the water change and do a full dose again. I had my LFS check on it today for me and he just called me back with those suggestions.

T

7. Fastlife

Fastlife Fire Worm

o.k. ill try that lets just see what will happen. I hope nothing BAD. But i will do the 20% water change tomorrow. .... I dont want to leave it in there to long. I have to much in there for it to all DIE on me........

Danny

8. Click Here!

9. Poppy828

Poppy828 Fire Shrimp

I understand that. I have a few hundred in my tank also and was very worried. Chemi-clean assured me nothing bad would happen if left a bit over 48 hours. I think you will see a nice decrease in the morning. I noticed the most the second day going into the next morning. I too left mine in for 2 1/2 days. 99% of it was gone in the initial 48hr, but I left it in to get the other 1%.

Sad thing is, I now have it again thanks to my DI filter going bad in only 5 months. Water in Naperville must suck... :huh:

T

10. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Is your DI filter AFTER your RO membrane? It should be for the longest life of your resin. :D

Mine goes...micron sediment filter , carbon, smaller carbon, RO membrane, DI resin.

11. Poppy828

Poppy828 Fire Shrimp

It was setup from Walter BL. I did nothing to change it. he said it was ready to go. I will have to go look and see what the path is. I think it went...membrane, carbon,sediment and DI. I know for a fact the the Di is last.

T

12. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

If it is from Walt, it is right. DI is last, and Membrane next to last. To preserve both as long as possible. Just checking ;) Guess I best check mine! LOL!

What was your TDS reading? still zero after the DI was exhausted? That is all I am going by since I can't get a good look at the resin cartridge to check the color.