Jebao wp40 or wp25

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by junior279, Jun 10, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. junior279

junior279 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I have a 75 gallon tank. I plan on ordering a Jebao. Which one should I order. They are close on price. Is the wp40 too much flow for my tank?

2. Click Here!

3. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

I don't have either, but from reading some reviews, I definitely think the 40 would be too much for a 75.

4. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

I have one of each coming later this month. I hope to do an in depth review of both on my 100G and 16G reef tanks. I am thinking the 40 may be too big for my 100G unless I reduce the power.

5. FatBastad

FatBastad Zoanthid

Interesting competition for the MP line...
    I'll have to keep an eye out for the review!

6. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

It more of compition for the tunze line, hence the impending legal action. But AZ, a wp25 will be WAY too much for your 16 lol

7. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

I just order a PW 40 a few days ago. At first I was too going to get the 25 as well after reading the reviews that the 40's are too much flow, but once I got in fish-street.com I saw that there is a replacement power brick that has a power regulator and states the following: " Customer can adjustable to Power Supply voltage on the Pump if too much flow " so I ordered that too along with some light sensor replacements which were $1 each since I read they go out often. Here's the link for the power supply brick http://www.fish-street.com/12v_to_24v_power_supply_for_jebao_wp-40_wp-25_replacement_pump

Hope that helps and that I understood the function of that brick right :)

8. Click Here!

9. ingtar_shinowa

SOme of those power bricks have been failing and heating way up. Just so you know.

10. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

11. ingtar_shinowa

it doesn't seem to damage the pumps in anyway, but you can get variable voltage 24v converters off amazon that are much better quality for $5 if you need to.

12. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

The reason I am waiting on mine is they are both supposed to come with the new improved adjustable controllers so the different power supply should not be required.