JBJ nano?

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by johnnymoua_09, Jan 9, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. johnnymoua_09

johnnymoua_09 Astrea Snail

I am looking to get a small nano for the moment. Turns out I don't have enough for a big one yet.
    So to fill my desires I am settling for a small one.

I have my eyes set on a JBJ 12 gallon Deluxe Nano. Has anyone have any experience with them?
    How powerful is the lighting? Would it be pretty strong to grow some med-high light corals? I am not planning to stock it with demanding plants yet, but just trying to make room.

I have a strong feeling reefing can only expand.;D

2. Click Here!

3. COReefBetter1/2

COReefBetter1/2 Plankton

I have a 6g JBJ Nano... love it! I can honestly say that the stock lighting sustained the life of the corals, but I didn't have much growth. However, I also don't add any additives on any regular basis, so that could contribute to the lack of growth. I recently just had my lfs upgrade my lighting to LEDs, so now everything is going crazy in there. But, the stock lighting was good. Now, from another perspective, I bought my daughter the same 6g tank for her birthday in October. It had to cycle, so she didn't get any frags from us for it until late Nov or early Dec. The majority of her stuff is growing and multiplying... so she must be doing something better than I did... :) So anyway, it's been up and running for almost 2 yrs and I have no complaints and haven't HAD to sink any money into whatsoever to replace any parts (other than normal maintenance requirements). Good luck!!