JBJ 6 Gal nano cube tips

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by ryugraphix, Jul 26, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ryugraphix

ryugraphix Astrea Snail

Hey everyone, I just picked up a 6 gal nano cube for my desk at the office- I'm pretty excited!

I was wondering if any of you pros have had one of these and have any valuable insight for me, as any mistakes will drastically effect all inhabitants. I'm stoked, and any nano-esque advise would be very welcome!

Cheers!

2. Click Here!

3. apollo'sowner

apollo'sowner Feather Duster

Nano's are fun. I am planning another and maybe even a 3gl pico soon. Cycle is the key. RO/DI and daily attention. Have fun!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2006
  4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Great tank and I agree with you, nanos require more attention.

The only thing I would add is don't overstock like I did. It never works! :)

In a tank like that I would keep one fish at most or none at all.

I'd stick with softies too. My experience with keeping hard stuff like acros in a little tank has been horrible. If I absolutely stay on the pH with marine buffer and keep all my levels up they last for a while, but as soon as I take a week off they go down fast.

GOOD LUCK!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2006
  5. Monacle

Monacle Skunk Shrimp

I had a 1.5 gallon that I had set up for about 6 months. Worked great.... I had a few mushrooms, some button polyps, a mantis shrimp.... NOthing real serious, but I found that a couple small water changes a week and keeping the evaporated water topped off daily, worked out real nice. GLTY

GLTA

6. apollo'sowner

apollo'sowner Feather Duster

I agree totally. Marine buffer and PH checks are an absolute for a nano. I go through a tetra PH kit a week easy.
    I did notice since starting the new fuge and transfering all the calerpa into it and keeping a light on the fuge last night my PH was 8.3 this morning!