JBJ 12G Nano Cube

Discussion in 'Product Review Archives' started by Matt Rogers, Oct 18, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Saw this at the lfs today, anyone have one?
    They are a nice little setup with a built-in wet/dry and PC lamp. And it's a cube! Did I mention it was only $99.00 at the store? 8)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.jbjlighting.com/sys_nanocube.html

The only negative is the intake is under the water line - no surface skimming. But man, $99!

2. Click Here!

3. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

OOOOOOO ;D matt u can buy me one for christmas
    lalala ;)

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I WISH I COULD!!
    [smiley=LolLolLolLol.gif]
    If I were rich, I'd buy everybody one.

5. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Looks pretty nifty for a little nano set-up! Verry nice indeed!

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Is your water in the sump area different levels? My water in my nano cube is level all the way across and there's no wet/dry activity. Everything's submersed in water...bio balls and all . Is this normal?? Everything's connected correctly. Thanks, Greg

7. reiple

reiple Fire Shrimp

pretty cool. except for the filter this setup rocks eh?

8. Click Here!

9. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Reiple it's not bad for the money at least IMO. I've seen similar setups complete with good skimmers but they cost twice as much.

[quote author=Greg Lewis link=board=Product;num=1066521198;start=0#4 date=11/05/03 at 18:38:54]My water in my nano cube is level all the way across and there's no wet/dry activity.  Everything's submersed in water...bio balls and all .  Is this normal?? Everything's connected correctly.  Thanks, Greg [/quote]

That doesn't sound normal Greg. Perhaps you have too much water in it? That's my first guess. Take out a pint and see what happens. What do the instructions say?

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Matt, thanks for the feedback...I didn't think that sounded normal either. I'll try your suggestion and see what happens. I love the nano cube. I wish it skimmed the surface though. Thanks, Greg

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Matt, Just spoke to JBJ and they said normal for water to be level all the way across? I guess it's not a true drip wet/dry like I thought but great little tank. Just thought I'd post in case others had the same question. Take Care, Greg Lewis

12. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

WTF! Why on earth would they make it that way? That doesn't make sense! ???

The directions leave a lot to be desired too. They just say 'fill with water' - that's it!

http://www.jbjlighting.com/pdfs/Nano_Manual.pdf

>:(

Every other one I have seen or worked on had a true wet/dry. I still can't believe this Greg. This can't be right. I still say do an experiment with less water. [smiley=uneasy.gif]