Jason's 370G Tank

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Jason McKenzie, Mar 31, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Whoaa!!! That should get things going.

2. Click Here!

3. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

That will go through a 4way oceans motions. to describe the closed loop; left side of tank has 2 hole that will flow together at 1 of the 4 outlets of the 4-way. back of the tank was drilled with 4 holes about 2 inches from the bottom this will flow together form another single outlet of the 4-way. Right side is the same as the left but the hole are drilled higher. The front has no holes but has a PVC spray bar that has 4 hole at the top of the tank, and again will be all flowing with 1 outlet of the 4-way.

The return pump will also be a Hammer head. It will branch off to run the chiller and a 30G fug the remaining water will be split in 3. 1 return to the left side front of the tank for surface movement. 2 left side as well hooked to a wavysea +. 1 on right side hooked to a wavysea+

J

4. Ruth

Ruth Plankton

Jason that is a bit similar to my closed loop on my 190. I am also using a hammerhead for the CL and run through an OM 4 way. I have 8 returns drilled into the back of my sump with each of the outlets from the OM split to feed 2 returns. The flow sort of rolls across the tank and then back. It's pretty cool - I like it a lot. I also have 2 tunze 6200's run off of a controller on this tank so there is a lot of random flow.

5. Jason McKenzie

You must have talked to Paul at OM. He's huge on Rolling the water LOL. I hope it achieves what I want

6. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

That is still going to be a drop in the bucket in a 370G with SPS what else are you going to run?

7. Jason McKenzie

What do you mean?

8. Click Here!

9. gkw

gkw Peppermint Shrimp

Maybe the flow is not strong enough for SPS in the 370 gal tank???

10. Jason McKenzie

I don't think so. I more afraid of too much flow

J

11. szidls

szidls Feather Duster

Hey Jason,
    Wow.....Very impressed with your system. Well thought out. Going to be a great show piece.:thumb_up: Can you get a few more pics of the plumbing as it progresses? Say under the tank. Also What skimmer will you be using? As for the Sequence pumps, You will love em. They will move some serious water.;) Well I have lots more questions but will save em for later. Hey we are road tripping to Vancouver in the next month or so. Maybe we can stop by for an up close tour.
    Good Luck, Scott

12. Jason McKenzie

Sure Scott, Just let me know. I'm sure you've been here before but if you want any suggested hot-spots to check out let me know

J