Jasonanatal's 120 Gallon "Advanced Complexity" Reef Aquarium.

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Jasonanatal, Feb 12, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mile high reefer

mile high reefer Fire Shrimp

Nice stuff, tank, equip,aquascape,thread, and info. I give you +k for this nice job.

2. Click Here!

3. Jasonanatal

Jasonanatal Flamingo Tongue

Reply to Mile High Reefer.

Mile High Reefer, thank you for the compliments on my aquarium, thread and for the Karma! It is very much apprecaited.

1 person likes this.
  4. BorntoReef

BorntoReef Fire Worm

i wish i aquascaped like you!! yours looks awesome, good luck!

5. Jasonanatal

Reply to Borntoreef.

Borntoreef, thank you for the compliment on my aquascaping.

6. Jasonanatal

Jasonanatal's 120 Gallon "Natural Simplicity" Reef Aquarium Update.

Chemicals: Prodibio Bioptim Supplement (Replenishment)

The Prodibio Bioptim supplement requires that I use 3 ampoules every 2 weeks for the dosing regimen. Prodibio Bioptim supplement provides bacteria with all the missing micro nutrients, trace elements, selected amino acids, natural vitamins (Riboflavin) and surface agents from plants to facilitate obsorption of the components by the cells. Prodibio Bioptim dynamises these bacteria and enables a reduction in Nitrates, Phosphates, and Carohydrates, a decrease in silt, muim and filamentous algae, and an improvement to the quality of the water. Prodibio Bioptim maintains a raised Redox Potential and reducs infections and mycosis. This 30 vial supply of Prodibio Boiptim will last for a duration of 5 months in my 120 gallon aquarium with 15 gallon sump making my yearly cost for this supplement alone on average of $140.00.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Photograph - Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - My recent delivery of Prodibio Bioptim supplement 30 vial kit purchased from Salty Supply.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  7. Jasonanatal

Jasonanatal's 120 Gallon "Natural Simplicity" Reef Aquarium Update.

Chemicals: Bulk Reef Supply 2 Part Magnesium Supplement (Magnesium Chloride & Magnesium Sulfate).

My current Magnesium supplement has run out which means that I have the ability to try something new. So after running polls on various forums and spaking with regarded aquarist I have decided to turn to Bulkf Reef Supply for my Magnesium supplement needs. Based on information that I have gathered I will now be dosing a 2 Part Magnesium (Magnesium Chloride & Magnesium Sulfate) supplement to my aquarium.

I received my first shipment and decided that I would create my first 2 Part Magnesium (Magnesium Chloride & Magnesium Sulfate) supplement mixture which consist of (5 Cups of Magnesium Chloride + 3 Cups of Magnesium Sulfate + 1 Gallon of RO/DI Water) which created approximately 1.25 gallons of 2 Part Magnesium (Magnesium Chloride & Magnesium Sulfate). The mixture is currently being dripped into my aquarium so I will report the results as soon as I can.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Photographs - Friday, February 13, 2009 - Bulk Reef Supply Magnesium Chloride and Magnesium Sulfate supplements.

[​IMG]
    Photograph - Sunday, February 15, 2009 - My desk turned into a mixing station for the Bulk Reef Supply Magnesium 2 Part supplement.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Photographs - Sunday, February 15, 2009 - Bulk Reef Supply 2 Part Magnesium (Magnesium Chloride & Magnesium Sulfate) supplement being dripped into my aquarium via a Kent AquaDose.

8. Click Here!

9. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

didn't you post this on some NY or Manhattan reef forum? I remember the pics from somewhere and the same story?

10. Jasonanatal

Reply to Bogie.

Bogie, yes I used to post on Manhattan Reefs but I no longer participate on the forum.

11. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

Ok, cool... cause I thougth I was having deja-vu all over again.
    Anyway, welcome to 3 reef.
    Saw your water test parameters from a couple pages back... you should up the Magnesium (to ~1450 ppm), so you can increase your alkalinity higher, up to ~12-14 dKH, and maintain your Ca where it is 450 ppm. That will balance it all out and the higher Alk should help stabilize things and discourage that algae growth.
    Go slow on stocking the delicate fish (tangs, etc). Wait till the tank matures more and stabilizes and you'll have better results.

12. Jasonanatal

Reply to Bogie.

Bogie, thank you for the information. That is exactly what I'm doing, taking everything nice and slow from this point forward.