Jasonanatal's 120 Gallon "Advanced Complexity" Reef Aquarium.

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Jasonanatal, Feb 12, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jasonanatal

Jasonanatal Flamingo Tongue

Jasonanatal's 120 Gallon "Natural Simplicity" Reef Aquarium Update.

Chemical: Prodibio Bio Kit ReefSupplements (Live Bacteria Are Good)

Well many of you are requesting photograph showing a full aquarium shot to see the results of dosing with Prodibio Supplements. So I stole my wife's new Canon SD990 IS 14.7 megapixel camera and took one for you. I hope you enjoy.

[​IMG]
    Photograph - Sunday, January 08, 2009 - Full aquarium shot of my 120 gallon Reef Aquarium.

2. Click Here!

3. Jasonanatal

Livestock: Yellow Tang (Zebrasoma Flavescens)

I decided on purchasing as many specimens native to Hawaii. So why not start with something simple yet rewarding. So I went to a local fish store about 1 month ago and purchased a Yellow Tang (Zebrasoma Flavescens). He has been doing amazingly well as he is definitely a lover of the Green Algae Sheets, Frozen Spirulina and Mysis Shrimp which keeps his coloration amazing and body nice and plump.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Photograph - Sunday, February 08, 2009 - My Yellow Tang (Zebrasoma Flavescens) which has been in my possession for 1 month.

Video - Sunday, February 08, 2009 - My Yellow Tang (Zebrasoma Flavescens) feeding on a Green Algae Sheet.

4. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

Oh man that's definately a beautiful perky yellow tang right there! GREAT addition! He looks very very nice. Maybe he's so perky cause he's got the place to himself :p

Are you going to try another powder tang once the tank feels up to the challenge?

5. Jasonanatal

Livestock: Powder Blue Tang (Powder Blue Tang (Acanthurus Leucosternon)

Well I decided that with success of keeping the Yellow Tang (Zebrasoma Flavescens) I though it would be time to add another specimen to my aquarium. So I choose the Powder Blue Tang (Acanthurus Leucosternon). This beuatiful specimen was added this afternoon after being acclimated over a period of 3 hours. It has been very shy and retreated into the rocks and I'm hoping to see more of him after he settles in.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Photograph - Thursday, February 11, 2009 - The newest addition to my reef aquarium, the Powder Blue Tang (Acanthurus Leucostternon).

6. Jasonanatal

Reply to Jwin.

Jwin, thank you for the compliment on my Yellow Tang (Zebrasoma Flavescens). He actually doesn't have the place to himself. After 1 month I decided that I should try another Powder Blue Tang (Acanthurus Leucosternon).

7. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

I love me some powder tangs :D I just wish they weren't so fragile. I love them a lot. I'm similar to how you were; you loved tangs but didn't have a tank large enough to support one :)

8. Click Here!

9. Jasonanatal

Reply to Jwin.

Jwin, they definitely are a beautiful species. I'm hoping that this one will do very well.

10. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

Nice looking tank. Does your tank look a little yellow because of the rock or is the water colored?

11. Jasonanatal

Reply to GuitarMan89.

GuitarMan89, thank you for the compliment on my aquarium. It appears yellow because I'm using 10,000k lighting which I plan on chaning to my preferred 12,000k Reeflux Bulbs when I build my canopy and go to my custom lighting.

12. rogerstammy

rogerstammy Peppermint Shrimp

Wonderful tank!!! Thank you for sharing!!