I've killed my monti

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by phoenixhieghts, Jul 19, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. phoenixhieghts

phoenixhieghts Panda Puffer

:cry::cry:

Ok what i thought was a monti nudi turned out to be a peice of string. Anyway i gave it a FW dip, but just to make sure, i did go a little over the 15-30 sec mark.

[​IMG]

What do you think the chances of it coming back are? SOme parts are still a little purple.....

2. Click Here!

3. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

I would say very doubtful, but you never know. It looks completely gone to me.

4. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

Put it back where it was originally and you may be amazed at how well it comes back. In the months I've spent reading threads on different forums, I've seen sps in worse looking shape make full recovery.
    FYI you should never FW dip sps. I can't recall the exact term but basically it can cause the cells to rupture which looks like what happened in your case. Iodine based med baths only.

5. phoenixhieghts

ah man - it had grown so much since i bought it too!

Ah well i'll just keep in my tank and fingers crossed and hope for the best

6. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

That sucks!
    If I can look at the bright side of it with you, I hope you have gotten a laugh out of it.

7. phoenixhieghts

Ha ha yeah - i cant believe i confused the string used to cultre the coral to the rock for a nudi. But ever since i caught that one in my tank, i've overly worried and i guess i just saw something that wasnt there

8. Click Here!

9. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

i agree, just put it back and see...i had a monti that I thought was gone come back. It took a while....Even if it doesnt come back, it wont hurt anything? As long as there are a few polyps you never know!