It's official....I got hooked

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by MDeth, Feb 23, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. MDeth

MDeth Feather Star

I thought just watching my g/f's tank would be enough to satisfy me...Unfortunately i do 90% of the research for her tank(s) and I've grown to love the hobby.

I just bought a NEW Oceanic 14g Cube !!! :tongue4:

I haven't decided what is going to go in it beside it will be a reef- but i think I have some time to plan. I was thinking a goby/shrimp symbiotic pair or some other odd thing like them seeing as how my girlfriends tank wont be able to have things like that (beware the jawfish).

I'll steal her camera as soon as i start setting up, and then post pics when i finally get some rock or something interesting :)

2. Click Here!

3. mushroom_man

mushroom_man Bubble Tip Anemone

miami,right near da beach BOYE!, FL,Florida
    AWESOME!!! that is great. i started with small tanks too.

and i recommend the the shrimp goby thing, i have two sets. four pistols and two gobies (randalls and an orange spot)

well come to one of the most rewarding and expensive hobbies ever!!!

4. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

I have been bitten just as you with the saltwater thing. I had a 55 gal FW for 23 years and switch to saltwater last year and am now setting up a 265 gal. It is an obsession, and I like it...;D

5. MDeth

MDeth Feather Star

Its just so crazy to get into. Ive been doing research/reading on 3reef and WetWebMedia for the past month for probably 2-3hrs a night !

And probably the wrong forum to post in, but has anybody has the Oceanic? On nano-reef people suggested replacing the stock pump with a Maxi (i think 1200?) as well as making a fuge out of the 2nd chamber - which i am going to do :p

6. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Congrats on the new set-up!
    My sister's boyfriend just bought the 29gal. Oceanic last week! It is pretty cool since I had to set it up, I know what you are talking about!
    Good idea about the refugium and ridding the second compartment of the bio-balls! And yes the pump that comes with it isn't too strong! I am goin got have to try and tweak it. The one thing I don't agree with is the fact that the set up doesn't come with a skimmer!!! He is going to have to get a skimmer for the tank!
    Nice little unit though with everything conceiled inside out of view, and the lighting is appropriate for many types of coral and moonlights and actinics are also included!

7. MDeth

MDeth Feather Star

:)

I was thinking of

Pistol Shrimp - Candy Stripe

Tangora Goby

But I have heard the Griessingei /Flaming Goby are sometimes symbiotic with pistols. Any thoughts?

Additionally....The tiger and other pistols say 30gal+ on liveaquaria...does anybody disagree?
    ....edit - lastly would 2xSexy shrimp be fine with the goby/shrimp pair ?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2007
  8. Click Here!

9. mushroom_man

mushroom_man Bubble Tip Anemone

miami,right near da beach BOYE!, FL,Florida