It's all in the salt

Discussion in 'Salt' started by IHAVEMTS, May 8, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

I use Reefers Best. But may switch to H2O by Deltec

J

2. Click Here!

3. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

I use red sea, it has a lot better readings on ca, and mg than the reef crystals I used to use, plus it does not smell like cat pee. LOL

If I want more trace elements yet, I will go to the read sea coral pro.

4. killareefer

killareefer Feather Duster

i use sea chem.....any one else use it? comments on it i am still decideing if its the right salt for me.

5. rayjay

rayjay Gigas Clam

I've used I.O. for over 15 years now, with the odd bucket of something else here or there.
    I mix I.O. with my home made water which is extremely cheap compared to anything else, so it brings down my overall costs as I use so much salt water with all my tanks, brine shrimp and rotifer operations.
    My supply of I.O. is the older buckets I bought on Boxing day so I haven't tried the new formula one that is currently being sold, but I saw a thread on RC that a few posted after testing the new formula, finding the calcium and magnesium were elevated to normal levels now and didn't need boosting any longer.
    It will be Dec before I need to buy more so I won't be able to verify that for a while yet.

6. vushnick

vushnick Astrea Snail

coralife salt question

Hi packleader. I notice that you are using coralife salt with good success. What salinity do you usually keep it at and do you does anything or use any buffers when doing a water change? I was told that coralife was not as good as RC for starting my reef tank but a bought a lot of it already. Any suggestions?

7. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

I use oceanic. Can get a store-use bag for 125 gallons at about 20USD w/ shipping. Can't say no to the price or the salt. I use to use Instant Ocean but it took to long for it to dissolve.

8. Click Here!

9. tatted4ever

tatted4ever Clown Trigger

1 person likes this.
  10. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Just started in the hobby, but I use Oceanic.

11. wkbrdr1661

wkbrdr1661 Purple Spiny Lobster

Thanks for the article. Kent is not one that i have seen on this thread... no ones using it?

Dr Frag - You said Rea sea is the best...not the coral pro. Do you mean that i shouldnt buy the coral pro salt, or that Red sea is the only one you tested and you cannot speak to the coral pro quality?

Thanks...