Tenuis arrived today, and this is what it looks like.

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Corailline, Jul 7, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Everyone buy their grade A sps?

http://www.3reef.com/threads/where-does-everyone-buy-their-grade-a-sps-corals.158258/

I pointed out that my impression was that sps are arriving browned out. I should have provided more modifiers. (But yes my last 3 frags from ORA via DD/LA have arrived pretty browned out, as have other frags from other vendors.) This does not signify a trend in the hobby.

A 3reef member recommended ReefCorner. I went to the site and found an Acropora that I have wanted for a long time, Acropora spathulata.

Ken at ReefCorner kept me updated on the processing and shipping of my order via email. Sent an image of my order prior to shipping. Packaged the product beyond expectations. Lastly an image of a wonderful frag that is clearly not browned out.

Pre-ship.
    [​IMG]
    Packaging, included ReefCornor Superglue Gel. Appropriate packaging material to keep my frags from melting in the SW heat.
    [​IMG]
    Beautiful Pink Acropora spathulata.
    [​IMG]

Thanks Ken, from a happy customer.

Swisswiss and Billme like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

very nice!

I wanted to add (but ran out of time) that I haven't bought any corals online. I do live close to such a diverse group of reefers that cut up almost anything for someone else. I just never go for name brands, or spicy hot redheaded acro just because I still don't trust myself and my wallet to these high enders. I have spent (what I consider to be a lot) a lot of money on 2 frags and I know what they are and they are still alive, yes yes. Funny how that motivates me... Like when they die, I'm going to be refunded instantly by coralpal. haha!

I do find ways of obtaining nice corals, but I hoard most everything. I refuse to cut until absolutely necessary... haha But I will, because so many have been nice to me, I give back as much as I can. It's the reason people are so nice in this area!! It really makes a difference.

Wow, matt story, back on topic!

I would like to find out if ReefCorner did anything significantly different in shipping? Was there anything else that could have attributed to maybe an easier shipping transition?

I visited a friend's and was taking some pictures of his tank (in return he gave me frags ;) he offered, I didn't even have to ask) and when packing up the ziplocks, he stops me. Get out all the air he said, this way they can't get sloshed around and beat up. I only lived about 25 minutes away, but getting into, out of the car and into the house, float the bags, then dip... They are still looking good today. Did it help? maybe, it seemed like it makes sense, but it is too early to really tell.

Plus, I live so close to battlecorals, why would I buy online? :p:D

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
    Corailline likes this.
  4. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

The frag arrived pink? It was blue and purple on their website right?

Glad they worked out for you. I've been Creeping on their website a lot recently. I'll probably be placing an order soon myself.

Hopefully this will give them the attention they deserve

Corailline likes this.
  5. Corailline

I am running as close to a 20k as I can so it looks more red or blue under my lights. This is what it looks like under daylight out of water.

[​IMG]

6. Reefbuilder

Reefbuilder Scooter Blennie

ROAD TRIP!!!

zesty likes this.
  7. Corailline

I know right?

That would be a bad bad thing for me. I would like a Shades of Fall and Palmers Blue Milleopora next time you stop buy.

zesty likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. Reefbuilder

Reefbuilder Scooter Blennie

I am thinking I really like the shades of fall. Can't wait to see it in the tank in a few days.

zesty likes this.
  10. Corailline

:p:p:p

zesty likes this.
  11. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

I haven't stopped by, not once... I'm too scared. I do have a few people that keep texting me about going in on an order. aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggg

Reefbuilder and Corailline like this.
  12. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

Some nice stuff on that site and good prices