Urgent It is war!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by JJL, Mar 25, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. JJL

JJL Purple Tang

I am trying to remove my Coral Beauty because of aggresion. He is being arrested for murder, and assault (killed a fish, and is now showing aggresion toward the other). My LFS said they would give me $20 store credit which IMO is very fair. I just cannt get him out! I want him out TODAY! He is bruttaly attacking my poor Royal Gramma. Any suggestions on how to get him? I have tried nets, and buckets...I NEED HELP! Is there any way to do it so I do not have to remove my rocks. It is really not an option because of the coral. Suggestions PLEASE! :uzi: :uzi: :uzi: :uzi:
    JJL

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  2. Click Here!

3. Servillius

Servillius Montipora Digitata

How big is the tank? When I needed to net a fish in my 60, I went and bought 6 5 gallon buckets from home depot, drained 50 gallons into that, the sump, etc., then caught him in seconds in the shallow tank.

4. JJL

JJL Purple Tang

34 gallons with a LOT of live rock...I have a feeling if I just start to drain the tank I will not see him for another day becuase he will hide

5. Sacul1573

Sacul1573 Millepora

This is the exact reason I decided against that beautiful Flame angel.

I think you're best bet is to have some patience. He knows you're after him now. Maybe hang the fish net in one corner of the tank, and place a small portion of his favorite food in the net. Let him eat it. Feed a small portion again in a few hours. Do this a bunch of times until he's comfortable around the net. Then try placing some food in the net, and snag him while he's eating.

He has the speed, but I know you have the brains.

6. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Do you know his sleeping spot? Try catching him as soon as you turn the lights on so he's sort of out of it and moving slowly.

7. JJL

JJL Purple Tang

Gret Idea...But I already tried it. Place food in the net....waited for 25 min. he did not take the food or even come near the net...

8. Click Here!

9. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

Literally, go fishing.

A very small, barbless hook (or cut/file the barb off a regular hook).

Works every time. ;)

10. JJL

JJL Purple Tang

His sleeping spot would be impossible to get to even with my hand. It is in the back right corner where all the rocks are wedged into. He swims through it at night and I cannot even think about catching him at night :(
    Thanks for the reply though

11. JJL

JJL Purple Tang

I really do not think I want to do that because first my other fish will probably go for it first, and second I do not want to damage the fish because my LFS is taking him ot put in a bigger tank where he will not be aggresive...
    Thanks for the reply though
    JJL

12. Zoanthids21

Zoanthids21 McKoscker’s Flasher Wrasse

Thats why you gotte do your research before buying fish...