Issues on billing

Discussion in 'Reef Cleaners' started by 10001110101, Nov 20, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 10001110101

10001110101 Fire Worm

I ordered from them, they said they couldn't ship the limpets and chitons priority, so I told them to just refund those and ship the rest...

Then they send me an email saying the order is cancelled...

So I went ahead and spent some of the $$$ in my account... little do I know they went ahead and returned the paypal payment and then recharged for the partial refunded amt... which was incorrect...

I have no problem with them not being able to ship something priority, i understand certain livestock have shipping restrictions...

the problem i have is that they send me an email saying the order is cancelled... and then proceed to do like 3 transactions to refund my money which resulted in multiple overdrafts... potentially more to come as paypal is going to keep forcing the charge. everything would have been find if they had either

a) let the charge go through the first time, then sent me the refund amount, instead of refunding me the full original amount and then recharging me the 2nd amount which was actually higher than it was supposed to be

b) NOT told me that my order was cancelled, so that I wouldn't have spent the money in my account

really unprofessional, on top of it i placed the order on monday... and they weren't even going to ship til next monday.

ridiculous.

they have good prices, good stock... i thought it seemed to good to be true... really disappointed in their service...

all in all this is going to cost me almost 200 dollars, because of some stupid and unprofessional billing practices.

and all i wanted was a handful of snails...

2. Click Here!

3. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

Sorry for any confusion. We try to make the shipping restrictions noticeable. The email that you get from our software saying "your order has been canceled" is based on paypal IPN codes, and just returns that result when there is a partial refund. It is only there for our tracking purposes, we can only refund your money, I don't have the ability to charge you any money. Our site software has no access or records of your account info, paypal protects you from having that information and access sent out. Your bank shouldn't have charged you overdrafts for the refund. Check to see if that is what happened, you usually are less likely to receive an overdraft charge. In either event, email me so I know who you are and fix the issue for you.

These issues are related to this thread. http://www.3reef.com/forums/reef-cleaners/incredibly-disappointed-w-reefcleaners-billing-76788.html Any further comments on this issue need to go on the linked thread so this one is closed.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2009
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.