Is this a pipe organ?

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by Jay, Jul 24, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jay

Jay Teardrop Maxima Clam

2. Click Here!

3. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

4. Jay

Jay Teardrop Maxima Clam

This is the same coral that you had mentioned was a Anthelia sp in my gallery
    Jason. Just at a different angle. I just wanted to make sure what it was. Thanks.

Jay

5. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Sorry Jay. After seeing the Skeleton it is definatly a pipe organ
    I've never seen the polyps extend soo much
    [​IMG]

J

6. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Wow....that just shows how much having multiple pictures for an ID matters. I would have said Waving Hand Anthelia as well.

7. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

pipe organs r one of my favorite corals i love how they act like a field of grass when the water moves over them :)

8. Click Here!

9. igotworms

igotworms Banned

If its one thing i know, its pipe organs. I have a 220 full of only the rarest typed of pipe organs. This looks like a rare form of cyno bacteria,or maybe acropora. I cannot be certain but it for sure is not a pipe organ.

10. Jay

Jay Teardrop Maxima Clam

That sucker took a dive down the back of the reef and layed upside down and killed off all those polyps on the tall tubes. I dug him from the back and put him on the sand and all those new polyps have started comming out all over.

I dont know what im doing right these last 3 or 4 weeks but everything has decided to grow up ,out , and every which way. Ive never seen it like this. Mushrooms are churning out more, Zoas are crawling across the rocks. All the LPS are splitting and talk about polyp extention. Mabey its the upgrade to my skimmer. Or I have started dosing thet Molydemdum and paying close watch to the temp. I still feed the bajusus out of this tank. huh. I do spend a lot of time with this tank. I was think it was time for me to change the URI bulbs too....its been 6 months.

Jay