Is there a Doctor In the house?!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by swagger87, Nov 23, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

That's what I was thinking.

2. Click Here!

3. NeighborTomita

NeighborTomita Banned

That yellow one looks like a goniopora, at least the skeletal structure does. There's a lot of tissue left on those wellso's, be on the lookout for any sign of feeding tentacles and try to feed it with some mysis shrimp, they can be nursed back to health quite often with regular feeding.

4. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

They feed mainly at night correct?

5. ermano

ermano Zoanthid

Most corals do...yeah.

This would be an excellent come back story. You should take pics every week or so. Hopefully everything pulls through.

1 person likes this.
  6. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

Thanks Ermano. I will definitely keep updating.
    If at least one makes it, I'll be happy.
    Good news, the yellow/green one is open and the one that may be a frogspawn/hammer is opening. ;D
    PICS COMING

2 people like this.
  7. tatted4ever

tatted4ever Clown Trigger

If these corals do comeback to life.... A+++ on the save and come up for your tank.

This sorta reminds me of recently I went to a local reefer and he had an large acro colony for FREE. Yea it wasnt doing well and it wasnt in appropriate tank conditions. I thought about it and had to think about my other inhabitants. I said "nah" reluctantly thinking I could have a nice piece if I take care of it.

If I had a tank that was setup to take care of corals I would have. But its how much risk do you wanna take with your investments in other coral.

fortunately you picked up lps for the most part which after a dip you shouldnt have much to worry about. I hope these turn out to be some show pieces in your tank. Be a good story to tell.

8. Click Here!

9. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

Thanks for the K+, I rather like the Title "Coral Reviver" its cute.:smug2: (Tho Im not gonna count my fry before they hatch so to speak.::))
    [​IMG]
    This is #1 and #2
    [​IMG]
    Again
    [​IMG]
    Heres #3
    [​IMG]
    #4 looks a little more deflated to me now
    [​IMG]
    Closer look at #4
    [​IMG]
    #5 is starting to look a little better.

10. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

Thanks. In all Honesty if my tank was more established and had some nice corals, I would have passed too. But since I really dont have much to lose, I thought the worst that could happen is they die and I gotta clean up the mess.

I felt bad for the guy because its true that the LFS he got them from probably sold them in this condition, or darn near it. He was gonna just throw em out and I thought "why not give them a fighting chance?"
    I cant believe some of the things they sell. They're getting boycotted pretty badly tho for animal cruelty. The owners smoke by the birds (who arevery sensitive to smoke) and they have 2-6 pups in tiny cages not fit for one pup. They leave the dead animals in their cages and tanks (Im talking fish, reptiles, amphibians, birds, kitties, puppies, small mammals, etc. Imagine explaining that to your small child(ren).

11. tatted4ever

tatted4ever Clown Trigger

please dont turn a good thread to the aspca conference ;)

In about a month if you see the other heads on some of the corals showing no life.... you could just cut em off. unless you want a memory of how you recvd em :)

12. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

Don't worry, I'm not that durastic. Lol. I'm just giving supportive reasons as to why I am able to believe that they looked bad in the first place.

It's all stony where theres no life, how would I go about cutting them?