Is there a Doctor In the house?!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by swagger87, Nov 23, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

Unfortunately I only have a Coralife 4PC/8LED Fixture. I can set it higher up than the rest tho. I just read that it has tentacles, so Im gonna have to move everyone around to accommodate it.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

IME, euphyllia don't like a lot of light. Keep them on the bottom. You will be fine with PC's.

Also, if you put them at the top, you might light shock them and do more harm.

1 person likes this.
  4. pgreef

pgreef Fire Goby

#1 through 3 look like frogspawn to me based on what is visible. I have my frogspawn near the bottom of my tank under 6x54W T5s n a 72 gal.

The open brain should go on the sand bed. Don't get too attached to that one. I don't think it will make it. IME if any of the skeleton ever starts showing infection will set in and it will die. I bought one with a small amount of skeleton showing. It did great until it got attacked by brown jelly. It only took a day for it to get completely consumed. I was sad to see that one go.

I have no idea what the last one is.

Good luck and k+ for trying to nurse them back to health.

1 person likes this.
  5. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

I was planning on acclimating them to the light slowly, its time for my black out period anyway. (I like to turn the lights off for a couple of days every month or so). Should they be placed around the middle or bottom? (Its a 55 gal)

6. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

Thanks PGreef. As of right now Im not attached to any of them. They way I see it if they live, I helped save some lovely creatures. If they die, at least I tried and I know its not my fault.

7. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

the bottom will work fine.

8. Click Here!

9. jonjonwells

jonjonwells Great Blue Whale

Really??? Weird.... Mine has a happy spot directly under my 250W halide about 8 inches under. Loves it.

As everyone else stated, start them off low and see what they like.

10. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

So, in the best interest of all of these Icky-sickies I should move them all near the bottom? Brain on the sand?
    I must admit that the pics made them look a little worse than what they did when they were in their original owners tank. I will take more pics when they look a little....well I cant say better, but more open I suppose??

11. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

The original owner had them all at the top of his tank and all in a group. Would that have contributed to their poor state?

On the positive side, he did give me about 7 or 8 healthy shrooms. Ones a pretty green color. The rest are common reds. I may spread the love and if they continue to be healthy I might give them to other reefers to help them out.

12. jonjonwells

jonjonwells Great Blue Whale

That could be an issue. If they were close enough for sweeper tentacles to touch, then they could have been killing each other off.