Is the temp of your tank going up?

Discussion in '3reef Site Polls' started by Matt Rogers, May 15, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Yes.

52.9%
  2. No.

47.1%
  1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Summertime blues...

I noticed mine is up 4 degrees ... 79-80.

I will be removing my lid soon.

What will you do?

2. Click Here!

3. giopimentel

giopimentel Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

The weather here in the northeast has been kind of crappy. With my freshwater tank I usually shut off my heater because in the summer the external temp regulates my tank pretty well

4. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Waddya mean "kind of?" :)

No need for me to do anything yet but when it finally does get warmer, the A/C goes on and stays on all summer :)

5. Diver_1298

Diver_1298 Eyelash Blennie

Between the air conditioner and the overhead fan the temp rarely goes over 81 degrees. Unless of course the heater gets stuck in the on position like it did 2 weeks ago and it goes up to 91 degrees. The xenia recovered. the gorgonians had a 98% die off all the lps, fish, and anemones survived... GO figure?

Jim

6. giopimentel

giopimentel Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Well I haven't had to water my grass for about a week. And the Red Sox haven't played in a while. AAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :mad:

7. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Well, its almost summer and the weather is getting up there...right now i am able to keep the tank at 78. I have a little white fan aimed at the tank, right now its on the low setting...but when i lower my lights to the final height and the summer kicks off hard...i might need to use the high setting

8. Click Here!

9. gkw

gkw Peppermint Shrimp

My was up from 78 - 82*....few weeks ago. That's for being in So. Fl., but it's nice at the beach. :)

Gonna have to put up a fan soon.

10. chetrod

chetrod Peppermint Shrimp

I just eat the electric bill and keep the ac at maximum of 77 degrees. Also got the 4" Icecap variable speed fan on when the lights come on blowing cool air in. I leave the closet doors open where the sump and fuge are for circulation.

11. Brandon1023

Brandon1023 Fire Goby

I read a really good idea. You fill a 2L bottle with water, freeze it, and put it in your sump and it keeps the temp down really easily. I've even read that you can fill it with RO water, freeze it, and leave the cap off so as it thaws, the RO simply goes into your tank. Or you could freeze tank water, too. Sounds like a good idea to me..............

1 person likes this.
  12. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Yup, we did at in the lab for the 180 tank...somone left the metal halides on too long o_O

Works great, didnt think to leave the cap off...thats a cool idea. KARMA!