is my white sabae anenome dying??

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by BJules, Dec 10, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. BJules

BJules Astrea Snail

So i have a white sabae anenome im my 28 gallon tank. its no longer white, and i cant see the purple spots it had on the tips anymore. idk if i should give it time to see if it comes back or get rid of it now before it causes damage to the tank..
    thanks for all the help
    Brian

2. Click Here!

3. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

First can I hear more about your tank, lighting, ect.

From the sounds of it your seabae is actually looking good. White is not a natural color for them. When they do not have enough light the photosynthetic algae that lives within them dies leaving them white. This is how most dealers send them out because they look better. When you sebae loses the white it is a very good sign of health, meaning it is getting light and food and is happy.

4. BJules

BJules Astrea Snail

its a coralife one 65 watt acitic blue and 1 65 10000k light so 130 watts overall into a 28 gallon tank

5. mikejrice

That is on the low side of what is recommended for them, but I also had mine under the same for awhile. Judging by the fact that yours went from white to a tan I'm going to say keep doing what your doing. the hardest part of keeping a sebae is usually getting it from that sickening white to a healthy tan. You got it that far, so just keep things stable and enjoy!

6. BJules

BJules Astrea Snail

ok well in about 5 months its going into my 125 gallon tank with 384 watts so is that ok?

7. mikejrice

Exactly what type of lighting? Wattage means less than the source.

8. Click Here!

9. BJules

BJules Astrea Snail

coralife lights

10. BJules

BJules Astrea Snail

same as old lights just 36 inch lights instead of 24

11. mikejrice

12. BJules

BJules Astrea Snail

ok il check those out when i have more money the lights that i bought were on 40 percent on sale and the light did great in my 28 so i didnt think it would matter but when i get more money i will most likely buy those because they are a very good price.