Is my tank ready for soft corals?

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by SyntheticBreed, Apr 24, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. SyntheticBreed

SyntheticBreed Feather Duster

It's been a little less then a month since I started my tank, it finished cycling two weeks or so ago and I have a healthy cleanup crew and sixline wrasse. My parameters are: nitrates,nitrites,ammonia are 0, ph is at 8.4 ( the API test kit looks red, hopefully I'm not misreading 7.8), my Kh is 14*. Am I ready to buy my soft coral pack?

2. Click Here!

3. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

I'd say you're good to go!

4. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

+1

Soft corals actually feed on DOCs and nutrients, thereby helping your tank stabilize and mature.

5. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Yep, and the Kh (Alk) is a bit on the high side. Softies tend to be very hardy though.

Curious, where are you located?

Reefers around me make use of my genosity in giving away many frags of my softies

6. SyntheticBreed

Northern VA. I think I'm actually going to hold off on the liveaquaria soft coral pack, this time around it contains two trees and two mushrooms. I may piece it out and buy them separately.

7. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of their starter packs, either. I ended up putting my own order together from separate items. Still got an excellent deal overall, though. :)

8. Click Here!

9. DevinH

DevinH Montipora Capricornis

I think you're good to go. Check out HappyCoral and tell him DevinH from 3 reef sent you.

10. SyntheticBreed

Very interesting site, I've already ordered some stuff from liveaquaria tonight but happycoral has some nice frags ill be sure to pick up once my tank gets used to my current purchases. :).

Thanks for the info!