Is my PetCo telling me lies?????

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by HelpMe!, May 12, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

Caveat Emptor

2. Click Here!

3. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

Just to note: I've had PetCo employees at my local one actually hesitate to sell stuff. It's only the ones that work regularly in the fish department, and they will still sell it if you push them (likely because of corporate policy), but they tried steering me away from a nem when I first started my tank (a month in, before I had LR).

4. Barbarossa

Barbarossa Sea Dragon

What do you have for a setup beyond a 20 gallon tank? Filtration? Lighting? Pics?

5. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

If you really want to determine that, you need to talk with a lawyer. IMO, with my experience with the law, you have no claim, but I'm not too familiar with consumer law.

6. HelpMe!

HelpMe! Guest

What does that mean??

7. HelpMe!

HelpMe! Guest

Just a standard 20 gallon long with a tubestrip light that cam with it and a hang on back filter, PetCo said it was a good starter kit for any fish, fresh or salt..

8. Click Here!

9. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

10. Barbarossa

Barbarossa Sea Dragon

11. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

I agree with you. That is one reason why I initially thought that this scenario was false. It doesn't make much economic sense to set up customers to fail. It may just be a rouge employee, that's why if what happened is true, best case scenario is that he is fired.

12. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

like the above said. the best case snario would be the employee getting fired.. but You trying to go against a BIG company like petco would be not a good idea..
    YOu could talk to the manager and perhaps he can work something out.
    Again.. this wasnt entirely their fault.. i might sound like a jerk but it is also your responsability to do research before buying any live stock..

Now aside from that.. COuld you tell us how your tank is set up? we can help you start correctly this time.

As for now i suggest taking the fish back and prepare your stuff so you can cycle your tank and begin with the right foot.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.