Is my new kenya tree dying??

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by Big Fish Brian, Feb 25, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Big Fish Brian

Big Fish Brian Astrea Snail

I recently bought a new Kenya Tree Coral from my local LFS, in their tank with m.h. lighting it was about 10" tall and had about 4 thick stalks to it..

After acclmating into my tank, the next day it had shrunk to about half of it's original size!
    I placed it half way up on a piece of tongan flat rock so that it has plenty of light coming from my P.C.'s.. I have pristine water condition's, and a nice flow of water over my reef..

I have now had the Kenya Tree Coral in my tank for a week and a half, What do guy's think the problem could be?? Maybe my Frogspawn is giving it chemical warefare?? The Frogspawn is about 18" from the Kenya Tree, I don't know what it could be??:confused:

Thanks

2. Click Here!

3. suckafish

suckafish Montipora Capricornis

I dont think the problem is chemical warfare. I thinks it the fact that it went from MH to PC lighting. give it some more time. Kenyee trees are like weeds, my buddy cant get rid of them! we moved his tank, and his little chuck of kenye was out of the water for a good two hours [he just sat on the sandbed in now water under plasitc wrap], damn thing still lived:angry:

4. Big Fish Brian

Big Fish Brian Astrea Snail

Ok Sweet, i will let it do its thing and well see what happens..

It must be the lighting, it's the only thing i can think of...

Thanks for the input fellow ReeFFer!!

5. suckafish

suckafish Montipora Capricornis

no problem, only worry if it starts to turn to mush