Is my nem already gone?

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by April Hope, Feb 7, 2016.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. April Hope

April Hope Fire Shrimp

There aren't any o can see and our rock arrangement allows for pretty good visuals. My crab however (emerald steels food and hordes it sometimes. I'll check today. And everyone is accounted for. I did loose a blue hippo recently but he wasn't in the water long and we've done several water changes with no spikes. And all fish are accounted for. :(

2. Click Here!

3. cody3819

cody3819 Bubble Tip Anemone

I would maybe consider macro algae at some point. Macro algae, cheato or colurpa ( excuse the spelling), feed off of nitrate's thus making a cleaner water column. But like swiss stated, I would find my ammonia source. As you know ammonia is very toxic to fish and coral alike. I would maybe run that second bag of carbon, but I would also eliminate your ammonia source. I did notice in the pic it looks as if you have a rose bubble? How is that one looking?

4. April Hope

April Hope Fire Shrimp

Here is the nem today. And the rose bubble tip is coming out. Not open yet, but all of them are happy, except my green guy. He looks a little better. image.jpeg

cody3819 likes this.
  5. cody3819

cody3819 Bubble Tip Anemone

Give it time, they are tougher than we give them credit...... I believe it will make it. Just leave it alone and don't feed it.......

6. April Hope

April Hope Fire Shrimp

And here's my ammonia. image.jpg

7. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

Increase water changes by doing more smaller frequent changes to help get ammonia down. You should never see any ammonia unless it's the beginning of a cycle.

Swisswiss and cody3819 like this.
  8. Click Here!

9. kornaco40B

kornaco40B Spaghetti Worm

Question: Adding Seachem's Prime (or equiv.) recommended in conjunction?

10. April Hope

April Hope Fire Shrimp

I have some!! I can add that! Wee doing a small water change tomorrow too! This sux.

cody3819 and kornaco40B like this.
  11. April Hope

April Hope Fire Shrimp

Not trying to sound stupid but is prime bad for corals?

12. kornaco40B

kornaco40B Spaghetti Worm

Sux, but at least you're on-top-of-it---giving it, things a fighting chance.

As for coral safety, can't see where it's any worse than not addressing the elevated levels. The product info page states how Prime detoxifies Nitrites/Nitrates and also bonds with Ammonia. Also says Ammonia test will be elevated, not accurate during addition...

cody3819 likes this.