is my flower pot coral going to be alright

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by chase19, Mar 10, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. chase19

chase19 Feather Duster

well i got a green flower pot at my lfs about 3 days ago and every thing was fine but 2 day i saw my clown fish kept swiming through it and the polyps would close up now he wought saty out of it is this normal is the clown hurting it

2. Click Here!

3. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

nope, just getting ready to host it! your in for a treat! lucky you..... my clown hasnt even realized that there is 3 anemones in his backyard calling his name! the coral will get used to it and let the clown live with him, lol..... FREE BIRD! Cause im as free as a bird now. and this bird you cannot change, ohohohohoh! And this bird you cannot change! And this bird you cannot not change! Lord knows i cannot change! ( little guitar solo) Bye, bye baby its been sweet love, yeah! and this feeling i cant change! please dont take it so badly...... oops sry just listenin to Freebird again.....

1 person likes this.
  4. Tanked001

Tanked001 Astrea Snail

yup... do you have an anemone in there for him? If not I consider getting one..

1 person likes this.
  5. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

I wouldnt consider an anemone until you have MUCH more experiance, otherwise it will perish in short order.

6. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

The clown will probably torment the flowerpot to death. I suggest you do some research in regards to goniopora (flowerpot). They are hard even for a very experienced reefer to keep alive. They rarely stay alive for more than a few months.
    Goniopora.org:::Goniopora Reference Web Site

Last edited: Mar 10, 2008
  7. chase19

chase19 Feather Duster

do i take the clown fish bac to my lfs

8. Click Here!

9. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

ummm, no i would take the flower pot back.

10. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

I agree with aqua 100%. It is not likely to survive. I speak from experience, and, will never purchase one again. I wouldn't recommend them either. If your LFS gives you @#!$ about it find a new store.

1 person likes this.