is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by superfishy45, Jul 22, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. superfishy45

superfishy45 Flamingo Tongue

Is it worth it to diy a $150+ gallon aquarium or is it better to buy one? I really want a big tank but want to save money

2. Click Here!

3. rc_mcwaters3

rc_mcwaters3 Clown Trigger

craigslist I dont think you can build one that much cheeper that big, I have looked into it and definatly decided to just get one second hand and only payed $75 for my 75 gallon

4. Reef Madness

Reef Madness Flamingo Tongue

I've looked into it also and it's not much of a savings for DIY. Some prices I got with shipping the materials where even higher then buying new... Check locally you might have better deals.

5. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

Buying a used one is scary enough IMO. DIY is not as easy as you would think. I am very handy but would NEVER attempt such a thing. Actually the tank itself is one of the cheapest parts (when you take into consideration the long term costs of runinng it) but of course the most important. Not the piece of equipment you want to skimp on IMO.;)

6. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

By DIY, you mean with acrylic? The stuff is difficult to work with and expensive.

7. superfishy45

Ok i will check prices

8. Click Here!

9. superfishy45