Is it too late??

Discussion in 'Cichlids' started by CUCCI-WALDRON, Mar 24, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. CUCCI-WALDRON

CUCCI-WALDRON Astrea Snail

HIYA!;D
    I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION....IS IT TOO LATE TO ADD ABOUT 2 OR 3 MORE OSCARS / SA CICHLIDS TO THE MIX IF MINE ARE ALREADY ABOUT 4.5 INCHES? I RECENTLY REHOMED MY PACUS SO THAT I COULD FREE UP SOME SPACE IN MY 150 GAL. I'M NOT TOO WORRIED ABOUT BREEDING ANYMORE BUT I WOULD LIKE TO PUT ATLEAST 2 MORE IN THERE SO THAT ONE OF MY OSCARS WONT GET BEAT UP SO MUCH.
    IS IT TOO LATE?:confused::confused::confused:

2. Click Here!

3. suckafish

suckafish Montipora Capricornis

Find some that are simlar size to the current fish you have. Make sure there is plenty of hinding spots [2 per fish]. You should be good from there

4. natireefa

natireefa Astrea Snail

agreed. as long as they are around the same size and they have plenty of hiding spots you should be fine in a tank that size. ive also heard of people throwing in (very fast) schooling fish to displace some of the agression to your other large fish. I did this in my african tank with a school of giant danios and its been working great so far.

5. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

In a 150 I would say two oscars and two pacu is going to be near your limit. At to that the other fish and I wouldn't suggest adding them if you don't have firm plans for an upgrade.

If you do decide to add them just be sure they are big enough they won't fit in the others mouths. About half the size of the others should be fine.

6. iceman6104

iceman6104 Plankton

i have a buddy that has a 200g tank with 2 oscars and a 6 tiger barbs looks kinda cool. dont know how it works but it does for him. just becareful and have a backup play if it doesn't work out. i made that mistake