Is Chemistry my problem?

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by suzique, Oct 10, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. suzique

suzique Flamingo Tongue

Hey guys:).......I just found the calculator page. Yoo Hoo........this is so cool. I know, I'm a rookie, I still need your input to encourage each step I take. I don't want to screw this up now!

Sue

2. Click Here!

3. suzique

suzique Flamingo Tongue

Well guys, I had my first loss:cry:. I knew my BTA was not getting better, so I said goodbye. My clowns tried to take my hand off as I removed it from the tank. I know they feel worse than I do. They just houver over where it was. I think they are looking for it, because they are tail sweeping the sand away from it's rock. The largest clown picks the larger pieces up in her mouth and moves them to the other side of the tank. There is also some macro algae growing branches reaching toward the spot and she tried all afternoon to push them to the other side. Everything else in the tank looks great. I think I'm OK:-/
    I did a 20% water change after I removed the anemone (at 2:30 this a.m.) and tested about 10:00. My params are:
    Temp 78.6
    Nitrite 0
    Nitrate 10
    PH 7.8 dosed 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    dKH 6 dosed 3 oz. epsom salt
    Phosphate 0
    Calcium 480
    Magnesium 1012
    I now have a ground probe, running carbon and have a Koralia 2 and 3 ordered. And I have no intensions of purchasing another anemone until my tank is older. It's one week away from being 5 months. Hopefully I will be able to keep things stable now.

Sue

4. That Guy

That Guy Aiptasia Anemone

sorry you lost the BTA :(
    did you get a mag test kit to get the reading of 1012ppm? Im kinda wondering how accurate that math is :)

1 person likes this.
  5. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Sorry for the loss. Luna

1 person likes this.
  6. suzique

suzique Flamingo Tongue

Yes, yes, yes.........Your a darn GENIUS!! ;D Now doesn't that make you puff up like a banty rooster:smart::scholar:!!!

Sue

7. suzique

suzique Flamingo Tongue

Thank you, That Guy and Luna...........It was really hard to say goodbye, but I have all my other life forms, and their doing GREAT!

Sue

8. Click Here!

9. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Sorry about your loss. Keep running the carbon, make really sure none of the tentacles came off and are still in the tank, and watch everyone closely.

1 person likes this.
  10. suzique

suzique Flamingo Tongue

Thanks Packleader........Sue

11. suzique

suzique Flamingo Tongue

Thought I would update my params:
    Temp 78.6
    Nitrite 0
    Nitrate 10
    Amm. 0
    PH 8.0
    Ca. 500
    dKH 8
    KH 143.2
    Mag 1436.73

Everything looks happy, me too;D. Have been trying to figure out why nitrates are showing.......Could it be from increasing the number of feedings a week to my sun coral? It has just taken off! Life is good:biggrinbo

Sue